Do you know...? (which firmware on Nov 22 iPhone)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by noway, Nov 19, 2007.

1. noway macrumors regular

noway

... which firmware i will get installed on my future Nov 22nd iPhone purchase?

AND, can you tell me where to check that to be sure i don't install jailbreak on a 1.1.2 firmware iPhone...

Thank you for your help guys.
    :apple:

2. autumnsong macrumors member

autumnsong

I bought my phone a little over a week ago, and it came with 1.1.1 installed. I think it depends when they shipped it to your store. If you buy it from the online store, it might come with the latest update. Just my guess. :rolleyes:

3. noway thread starter macrumors regular

noway

Thanks for your post. So you said you have a 1.1.1 firmware phone, how do you know that 1) from the box? and 2) from the phone?

I know how to use the phone (I played with the iPod touch a lot) but I don't know the phone options/settings. Therefore i don't know how to check firmware.

4. Macgic macrumors 6502

two ways.
    1. go to itunes and it will say "software version" on the main iphone page of itunes
    2. on the iphone go to settings>general>about

5. samuraikiss macrumors regular

My iPhone was purchased on 19 November, and it came with firmware 1.1.2 installed.

6. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3A109a Safari/419.3)

I purchased mine today from an AT&T store and it has 1.1.1. I want to know how to tell what week it is.

7. Moleshome macrumors member

Look at the serial number, the 4th and 5th digits are the week number.