Do you leave your iPhone on 'Loud'?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by appleuser15, Sep 8, 2016.

?

Do you lead your iPhone on loud mode?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    30.2%
  2. No

30 vote(s)
    69.8%
  1. appleuser15 macrumors member

And silent during the night?

Just curious as to how other users use these functions

2. Revelation78 macrumors 68000

Revelation78

I think the correct terms should be "silent" and "audible." Loudness is a subjective term in relation to level of auditory response.

3. HellasLEAF macrumors member

HellasLEAF

no I always have mine at medium ring volume. find it ridiculous how loud others have their phones.

medium plus vibrate is plenty. phone always with me so hard not to hear that. or feel it.

also always turn off click sound with operations. I am shocked people still walk around with every action needing an annoying click.

4. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I'm with you on the volume. I like the clicks.

5. iregret macrumors 6502

I have mine on silent nearly all the time. It goes into do not disturb mode at night. My Apple Watch alerts me as well as the vibration from my phone.

I ****ing hate hearing other people's annoying ass phones. It's rude. I love my silent life. LOL.

6. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Mine is set loud enough so if I am awake I can hear it but if sleeping it is not loud enough for me to wake.

7. geta macrumors 6502a

This is sooo annoying.

8. caelius macrumors regular

caelius

Mine's on silent 24/7; the Watch beeps and vibrates like crazy anyway, so I'd probably go insane if the phone would do that too. :rolleyes:

9. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

10. veedubshafer macrumors 6502

It all depends on what's going on and where I am. But I never use the vibrate function. I always turned if off years ago on dumb phones too. I like the clicks but if I'm somewhere quiet and others are around I hit my mute switch so they don't have to listen to it. Everything is so easily/quickly adjusted nowadays that you can change it to your current situation effortlessly.

11. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

Context also plays a large role in communication. Most people understand what the OP is asking.

12. Floris macrumors 68020

Floris

I sleep terrible, I am a terrible sleeper. And I don't sleep long at all.

So when I go to bed and I don't mind to wake up in a few hours, I leave it on. As usually I do, I don't mind if someone needs me that those favorites come through and bother me - through the years I've been ok with glancing at the name and rolling over if I just don't care.

But when I had a really bad day, or a bad week (my albinism can make me feel terrible at times), I just don't want any light, any sound, .. nothing. it's a miracle isn't not on airplane mode to be honest. silent, dnd, not near the bed. etc.

But because I sleep so bad, and poorly, I am ok with idling in bed watching media on the iPad, facetiming with a friend to relax, and just having some music on. I am not going through the active process of putting stuff away or flipping settings etc. I just push it aside, face on pillow, snore time. It would otherwise just be enough to basically wake me up again.

13. avihayg macrumors newbie

Phone and watch are always on silent, hate to hear the notifications o_O

14. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

My iPhone speakers have sucked on my 6+ for a while now so I just leave it on silent, I honestly have a better chance of hearing it vibrate

15. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

16. Shoju macrumors member

Shoju

I'm totally with you and same here with my phone and watch.
    Unfortunately, in Germany most people don't give a damn about this - not even in the do not disturb carriages of trains (where pictograms show a crossed out phone and a person holding a finger to their mouth..).
    I spent some time living in Japan once where behaviour like this is considered extremely rude.

17. maka344 macrumors 6502a

maka344

I only ever use silent. Regardless, unless I'm waiting for an ultra important call and don't wish to miss it.

18. willmtaylor, Sep 10, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2016

willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

My phone is generally in 1 of 3 modes:
    1. Max Volume - when in office, out and about, or at home
    2. Vibrate - when in meetings or the kids have gone to bed
    3. Do Not Disturb - when I'm sleeping

19. Nozuka macrumors 68000

20. GrandeLatte macrumors member

GrandeLatte

What? I'm EXACTLY the same. I thought I was the only person on this planet who has a phone on silent all the time. I prefer to live my life quietly and poetically. I can already feel and "hear" the vibrate and that's enough. Hahaha!

21. bufffilm macrumors 601

bufffilm

I do leave the volume on loud.

Fortunately (for others), I rarely have my phone out of my grasp outside of the house, so the actual time it's ringing (should anyone call) is pretty minimal.

Plus, I generally don't field many calls...if I get more than 20 calls a month, it's a rarity.

22. noteple macrumors 65816

noteple

Since I started using a smart watch (pebble) the ringers on buzz

23. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

My wife does as well. It's maddening for me sometimes when I'm trying to call and she doesn't hear it.

24. scotio200 macrumors member

The only time I take mine out of silent mode is when watching a video in some apps and the sound doesn't play. Not all apps do this but I have a few.

Phone and watch go into do not disturb at 10:30pm and come out at 7:00 am also.

25. C DM macrumors Westmere

Pretty much the same here (with the difference of keeping it on vibrate in the office mostly because it can be disruptive at times even outside of meetings).