Do You Let People Hold Your Baby? (iPhone 4)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ChocolateApple, Jul 1, 2010.

1. ChocolateApple macrumors 6502

ChocolateApple

Do you let people hold your iPhone 4, or do you just show it to them as you hold it? Why or why not?

2. Mshilling macrumors regular

its just a phone.

I had to wipe a booger off mine before using it this morning because my 3 year old was playing angry birds last night.

repeat after me. Its just a phone.

3. MVPinFLA macrumors 6502

Excellent thread. I am very protective of my new baby and much prefer to show than let someone else handle it yet. The few times I have let someone hold it, I was more stressed than I expected.

4. brightlights macrumors regular

If this is an issue then you should buy either a case or a sense of perspective ;)

5. nfl46 macrumors 604

I'll let my friends or family hold it, but random strangers that just want to see it, no.

6. drtimo macrumors member

7. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Of course I do, it's a friggin phone. Tech came in yesterday and asked if he could use my phone to troubleshoot a clients problems connecting to Exchange. Gave it to him without thinking twice.

8. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

I'd let someone hold mine... if it had a case, if not, then only family or friends... now I just need an iPhone 4.

9. aequitas1234 macrumors member

Of course. If I get asked by strangers who notice me using it, I use the same amount of caution I would use with any expensive device. With family and coworkers, I give it up without a second thought.

I think anyone who calls their phone their "baby" and will not let anyone else touch it probably has a case of aspergers.

10. PBG4 Dude macrumors 68020

PBG4 Dude

Met a guy last night who had an iPhone4. After reading about all the dropped and smashed iPhones, there was no way I was going to ask him to let me hold it. (He has the reception issue and was able to show it in action.)

In regards to the thread title, I let more people hold my baby than I let hold my iPhone. My son is much more durable and breakage-resistant. :)

11. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

It’s just a phone and not even that expensive any more.

12. Corey213 macrumors member

Yea, I hope they don't drop it but everyone should be able to enjoy it so I want them to see it

13. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

If I ever refer to my phone as my "baby", I hope someone will punch me in the mouth for being so ridiculous.