Votes: 84 71.8%
  • No, I don`t like it!

Votes: 33 28.2%

• Total voters

pedrofan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Assuming this design may come to our iOS devices in september or october, and trying to send a message to Apple:

Do you like iOS 7 icons and color schemes redesign?

· If yes, you assume this is the best that Apple can do and you want it in the final design.
· If not, you really want it to be severely revised.

Sirious

macrumors 65816
Jan 2, 2013
United Kingdom
Assuming this design may come to our iOS devices in september or october, and trying to send a message to apple:

· If yes, you assume this is the best that Apple can do and you want it in the final design.
Yes I really like it, but there needs to be a small revision to some of the icons. Thats my only complaint. But its different from previous versions which is why I'm a bit positive about it.

AQUADock

macrumors 65816
Mar 20, 2011
The icons need to be completely overhauled and the excessive amount of blur needs to be removed IMO.

pedrofan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
My worst complain is about the use of WHITE. You can use gray at least.
The gray keyboard and gray Safari when you are on private browsing are a lot better.

The white backgrounded icons, just seems to be unfinished and ugly.

You may like iOS 6 design or not, but this is the first time that I can really see UGLY things in an iOS device.

The same with Mavericks. Notes app is just, the worst look I could've ever imagined.

sawah

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2010
I really think the icons could use a little darkening up and maybe some way to have them stand out from the background, some sort of border or something, but if they don't do that life will go on. And the reminders app is pretty awful looking with a black background, not digging that either. The whole thing seems extremely wallpaper dependent, some of the translucent gradients could use a little work too. But it is a beta and I'm sure it will change alot over the course of the next few months.

Jare

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2010
Canada
Assuming this design may come to our iOS devices in september or october, and trying to send a message to Apple:

There are countless threads on the iOS redesign subject. This didn't need its own thread, there's no cookies for starting a thread.

I mean what did you think, we'd all be on our knees bowing down to you for starting the only and only holy grail thread of iOS 7's redesign?

pedrofan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
There are countless threads on the iOS redesign subject. This didn't need its own thread, there's no cookies for starting a thread.

I mean what did you think, we'd all be on our knees bowing down to you for starting the only and only holy grail thread of iOS 7's redesign?
There wasn't any poll that directly asked this question. And I have tryed to be neutral with it. If you don't like it just don't answer. And if a moderator thinks this is reapeated they are fully free to close it. From a free man to another.

zerostar

macrumors regular
Apr 28, 2008
South Florida
I did vote Yes, but the icons can be toned down and Calendar app can be fixed up (please)

I am a registered developer, but when I try to access the developer forums it takes me to a blank screen? How can I submit feedback, I can't seem to find another way on the Dev. site...

Brittany246

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2013
I don't like the new design at all. The white, neon, and black colors all clash. If Apple was trying to find the worst possible color scheme, they surely succeeded. The stock apps and icons look unpolished (except for the weather app). The only thing I like design wise is the lock screen. Looks great. I also don't like the frosted glass look on the dock of the home screen. I wish they'd get rid of it all together.

Other than the ugliness, I think iOS 7 is great.

Jare

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2010
Canada

JetBlack7

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2011
Portugal

I like the new design a lot. Although I wouldn't say that this is the best they can do, but it's still a big big improvement.

Jare

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2010
Canada
The "I don't like iOS 7" thread?? That's not the Do you like iOS7? thread. It is the anti iOS 7 thread.
If you took the time to open the thread and view the poll options and questions, you'd see:

Do you like the look of iOS 7?
Yes
No
Indifferent
I'll have to wait and see how it is in real use

Duplicate thread, please send to wasteland.

localboy28

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2010
Everyone is going mental over a few icons and completely missing all the cool new features.

Get over it and put the ugly icons in a folder
I've been doing that for years

SpyderBite

macrumors 65816
Oct 4, 2011
Xanadu
Duplicate thread, please send to wasteland.
Agreed. Merge or remove this thread.

But to conform to other rules against peer moderation.. I'm happy either way with iOS 7. There is nothing it won't do that I can do now. And some of the things it can do are faster or more convenient.

Win-Win IMO.

pedrofan

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 9, 2008
Everyone is going mental over a few icons and completely missing all the cool new features.

Get over it and put the ugly icons in a folder
I've been doing that for years
There are a lot of cool new features.. but the design is a pain to see.