Do you like Tapatalk??

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Jason Beck, Oct 13, 2011.

1. Jason Beck macrumors 68000

Jason Beck

I don't have an iPhone or iPad but I was wondering if you Apple users enjoy the app. I am thinking about using some Amazon giftcard credit to buy it since I frequent this site and a few other forums. Does it come in handy? Can you post pics in the forums? Any comments would be appreciated. :)

2. Jason Beck thread starter macrumors 68000

Jason Beck

3. GIZBUG macrumors 68000

GIZBUG

4. VPrime macrumors 68000

VPrime

I really like it for smaller forums.. For a large forum like this I just prefer using safari... Except on the iPhone which this forum defaults to a wap version of the site.

Oh, there is also a lite version.. Let's you view the forums but not post.

5. aberrero macrumors 6502a

Use it on Android, iPad and now my 4S. Works great.

6. Dhelsdon macrumors 65816

Dhelsdon

7. chrislaw macrumors 6502a

chrislaw

8. tjb1 macrumors 68000

Search function is still really touchy...always getting unexpected errors. Emailed and sent a report and never heard a thing about it, no support for a pretty expensive app. Oh well.

9. Locodice macrumors regular

It's absolutely fantastic - just wish more boards supported it.

10. nutmac macrumors 68040

I like it for the most part, but the UI is really quite poor.

(1) Toolbar layout is really non sensical, with first two icons dedicated to finding more forums to add. It should be just "Forums" (with "+" button at the top for discovering and adding more forums) and "Settings".

(2) When you are inside one of the forums, you must click "latest" icon then "Main Menu" button at the top to navigate back to list of forums I subscribe to. "Forums" should be the first icon on the toolbar.

(3) On the message view, "more" button reveals 3 options: Refresh, Subscribe, and More. Guess what More option reveals: Share and Open in Safari. The initial list can easily accommodate Refresh, Subscribe, Share, and Open in Safari. (Instapaper support would be useful as well.)

These are just three of many bizarre UI choices.

That said, Tapatalk is universal and provides better experience overall. I really wish the developer would add support for more UBB tags, such as spoilers, however.