Do you like the new, smaller "compose" window for Gmail desktop?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by TH55, Apr 26, 2013.

1. TH55 macrumors 68030

I don't understand why they changed it from a nice, full screen to a tiny window in the bottom right hand corner. Makes zero sense. They either have some of the worst designers which I find impossible to believe, or they are just evil.

2. maxosx, Apr 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2013

maxosx macrumors 68020

I really like how much faster it is when one has lots of mail. I've been a huge enthusiast of their plain & minimal UI for years. Offering plenty of preferences to choose from in settings along with the very intuitive layout, I find Gmail simply fantastic.

The new Outlook.com email is also improved in its layout. It's moving in the right direction. Yet that said I just cannot imagine using anything other than my slick, highly optimized Gmail setup.

3. bozzykid, Apr 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2013

bozzykid macrumors 68020

But the new compose window is awesome for me. It lets you compose a message while using the Gmail interface. So you can go through old emails, look up information, etc while composing a message. Before I had to open 2 tabs with Gmail when I composed messages sometimes. So yes, it is a good feature.

4. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Yeah I guess in that sense it is a positive

5. theSully macrumors newbie

I'm ambivalent on a personal level, but I definitely see the benefit. I would just open two windows side by side, no big deal.

I'd imagine I'd care if I didn't have a pair of 24" monitors for screen real estate though.

6. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Is that where you can write with both your left and right hands? ;p

7. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

No... that's ambidextrous. ;)

8. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Haha I know I couldn't figure out how to use a smiley on the mobile site

9. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I actually really like it too. It's a breeze to use, and I can actually see what the heck I'm responding to since I can never remember what I just read a minute ago. :eek: