Do you like to scare people?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Mexbearpig, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Mexbearpig macrumors 65816

Mexbearpig

Because I do.

I was just hitting my bed when I saw my brother pulling in. I went out of my way and stood for ~5 minutes and had all the lights turned off. As he was coming in I was slightly crouched and went up to him and said 'Boo' at a casual volume. He only jumped back a little but mission accomplished.

So the question is, Do you like to scare people?

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Yeah. Almost got me killed several times. But, that's not a bad way to go... die laughing! :D

3. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Uhhh... no.

How old are you?

Oh well... don't worry... we all mature at different rates.

You'll be a big boy one day. ;)

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I love to scare people. It's my nature to always be very quite and unnoticed. Because of this fun trait I scare people very easily.

Do I get scared easily or like to be scared? No and no.

5. Mexbearpig thread starter macrumors 65816

Mexbearpig

Old enough to know manners.

6. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Haha. I actually do. But not to that many people, just friends, and even then, only certain friends.

7. citizenzen macrumors 65816

Your OP would seem to belie that.

8. Mexbearpig thread starter macrumors 65816

Mexbearpig

9. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

What a stick in the mud.

Go somewhere.

I'm 27 and I love the occasional scare, whether I'm the one on the receiving end or vice versa.

10. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

That's... what siblings do to each other. You're clearly a dull person.

And as for being too old, I sometimes scare my girlfriend. She hates it, but still laughs every time a couple of seconds afterwards.

11. Theclamshell macrumors 68030

12. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

I don't like it being done to me, so I don't do it to others.

Real Life Story:
    I did it to my brother once, years ago when I was like 12. He's older, and a louse, so it was okay. :cool: He was outside the back of this building where my family had a cleaning job and I hid outside the door, which opened outwards into this cramped, dark little room. I crawled up over the old Coke machine in the corner, and when he came back - this is pitch dark out since we had to clean after the office closed - I lunged out at him, held up my hands in claws and did that "bwahahahaha!" vampire laugh. He jumped like four feet in the air, but could run because the way the door opened had him pinned in the corner. Man, he was soooo pissed off about that... I don't think I ever laughed so hard. In retrospect, it was a bad thing, but at the time...

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Yes :(.

Around once a year (can't overdo this one), whilst watching something quiet and tense I'll should out BOOM. Simple and effective.

If I'm walking around a house with someone afraid of spiders, mid-sentence I'll stare at a spot and shout SPIDER and leap back. Also simple and effective!

Just after we switch the lights out I once turned to my girlfriend, after watching Donnie Darko and saying in a hushed, slow voice "there's a rabbit in the corner of the room. It won't stop looking at you. I've tried to stop it. There's nothing I can do". Lights on :D.

Standing still right outside of doors works. Like Lurch or something. Used to work against my little sister when I lived at home at least.

14. andalusia macrumors 68030

andalusia

Yeah I enjoy giving people a bit of a scare from time to time. Best time we did it was when me, my bro and my sis had just arrived home from being out wherever we were, and there was nobody home. So we went inside, turned off the house alarm, and then heard our dad pulling up outside. So we put the house alarm back on, but omitted the dining room, so we could stand in there without setting off the alarm. It was the perfect trick, my dad walks through the door, alarm starts beeping so he assumes nobody is home. You can guess the rest :D

15. Mac7 macrumors 6502a

Mac7

Yes I do. And just like you I would wait 5 minutes just to accomplish it

16. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

My co-workers likes to sneak up behind someone a bark like a dog. And tossing a small items across someone's path, making it look like a mouse scurrying quickly by. It scares the crap out of everyone he's done it to... except me. I didn't even noticed. I tend to be oblivious to events going on around me.

But I do scare easily. My niece (17 year old) once scared the crap out of me. She was over at my house, doing homework and talking on the phone. She nonchalantly stated, "Right Mom. [brief pause] It looks like I missed two periods." :eek::eek::eek: Holy ****! My bro is gonna kill her boyfriend.:p It turned out she was proof reading her term paper.:rolleyes:

17. tlauer2 macrumors newbie

Ever walk around with your genitals hanging out? People are scared by it.

18. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

Heh. They tried to arrest you as well, but had to let you go due to lack of evidence. :D

19. Mexbearpig thread starter macrumors 65816

Mexbearpig

Just scared my sister. Simply hid behind a wall and jumped out. And some people say fun isn't free :rolleyes:.
    Haha, nice.

20. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

I lit a M80 firecracker about ten feet from my best friend and his girlfriend many years ago while they were sleeping. Don't ever do that btw. Tremendous explosion and an immediate I just ****ed up moment. Of course I laughed, and was punched. It was way over the top loud.

To this day we laugh about it and wince a bit.

21. Hilmi Hamidi macrumors 6502

22. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

I wish my siblings were that easy to scare.... :( My brother is extremely difficult to scare but luckily im pretty quiet, and my sister is rather easy to scare, except its not very funny because all she usually does is lean back a little.

I on the other hand am fairly easy to scare.... i hate it.

23. stonyc macrumors 65816

stonyc

Are we related Maxbearpig? I looooove scaring people... especially my wife.

This past Monday, we were at my parents' house for dinner... various food stuff, including corn on the cob. Why is that important? It's not. But when she went to the bathroom to wash up, I was eating some corn and got and just stood right in front of the closed bathroom door. I stood there for about two minutes just eating my corn, and when she opened the door... there I was just standing there eating corn. She shrieked so loud that my mom actually ran over and started slapping me on my shoulder when she realized what I had done.

Best corn I've had in awhile. :)

The jump out from around a corner is a time-tested favorite as well.

24. Gregg2 macrumors 603

I scared my wife unintentionally the other night. She was up, I got up before she got back to bed. We met. (not for the first time!) Of course she didn't know that was about to happen. Shriek!

25. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Thats awesome, i either have to speak, hit or be wearing something scary in order to scare all the people that i know, at least that arent like my grandma or something.