Do you like to use the app of your favorite website or just access the mobile site us

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DramaLLama, Feb 11, 2014.

1. DramaLLama macrumors 6502

It's sad to see that some websites have all but given up on their iOS apps... although I do tend to like the app version of a site that actually does update their apps. What do you guys like to use?

2. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

Usually the app version on my phone is the best but on my ipad the full site is better.

3. tonyy macrumors 6502a

tonyy

I personally like to use the full browser. I always X out the pop up asking if I'd like to use the app or mobile version. I'm so used to surfing full browser on my ipad and Mac that it's unfamiliar to me if I try to use Tapatalkor or something.

4. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

Depends.

For reading updates, I just use reeder, machash and zite.

For forums, tapatalk.

I only use the browser version for websites like cnet, where the native app doesn't let you post comments on articles or reply to them.

5. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

Depends if the app for the website is designed well and if it includes the full functionality of the mobile site (the latter is much more important to me). Generally I prefer the app because it would allow for push notifications and it usually looks better.

6. Wolfpup macrumors 68030

I usually prefer the website...super annoyed by sites that switch you to a crippled mobile version though!

I do use the "App" for the weather channel though, even on Windows 8 on my desktop PC!