Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shakeman0

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 20, 2009
I am seriously considering purchasing an iPad. I've been researching it like crazy and really think I am going to get one. I only have a few questions. Do you like your iPad? Any regrets about buying it?

rtay

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2010
i say buy it. the apps make it worth it. just know it sucks alot worse than you would think to not have flash, or a file system, or multitasking. but i bet 2 out of the 3 are gonna be fixed this fall. better to get it now, have it for the full year, then get a new one next year then only have it for like 5-6 months before its outdated.

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
Yes I like mine. But it's not perfect. I insist on trying to replace my net book with my iPad and it doesn't quite cut it... Yet. Your decision should be based on your needs and carefully reading reviews, not merely on what forum users have to say.

steve31

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2007
Edmonton Canada
No regrets here. Paid a higher price to get one here in Canada and am loving it. Will be giving my 32GB iPad to my wife and getting a 64GB 3G once it comes here.

oren1

macrumors member
Aug 21, 2008
Yeah!! And I bought it for $675 in Canada.
Great device, since I bought it I use my mac mini only at work.
The only drawback is the lack of Flash.

Sent from my iPad ;)

feliason

macrumors newbie
Apr 12, 2010
Love it, just can't wait for the 3G to arrive so wife and I stop fighting over it. it can easily replace the netbook, just requires the right case to work well typing on your lap. I did not think I would like the :apple: case, but that makes it much easier to use. For some that type a lot, a keyboard may help. The apps make it so much more useful than other devices. Hope it helps!

Kibbe17

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2010
YES. I love my iPad. It really is amazing. After you have one you will wonder how you lived without. And I suggest investing in a 32 gig at least because both apps and movies are really great, although take up the most space. The only regret I have is MAAAYYBE not waiting for the 3G model, although I am still sort of undecided about this.. I mean, I could return it for one, but idk. Other than that nope, everything is just as expected. Hope you decide to buy one, good luck! :)

za9ra22

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2003
This is the best $600 (32Gb wifi) I have ever spent on a computing device. Superb casual Internet device, excellent ebook reader, good - though basic - email client, and a first-rate platform for inventive apps. Not to mention light enough to carry anywhere, small enough to take with you, and great for maps, directions and online media, as well as music and movies for those moments of boredom!

I'd buy it again without question.

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
I do.

While I believe that the second version will bring significantly more to the table, both in terms of performance (RAM) and features (camera, etc), I do recommend purchasing one at this time. It is a delight to use and much better than leaving the MBP out on the table for casual browsing. Being able to curl up with my wife in bed and watch Modern Family in the ABC app or stream a Netflix movie is a treat. Taking notes in class is a breeze and it is wonderful as a sketchbook. Gaming is incredible, usually a much better experience than on iPhone. My iPhone battery also lasts much longer now as I don't use it as much when I'm at home or at school. It is nice to come home at the end of the day and still have well over half the battery left, as opposed to the 10% or less I had before.

What else is there to say? BUY ONE ALREADY! :D

flycats

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2010
Only regret is me getting the 16gb. Wished I got the 32gb at least.

What do you find you're using all your space on? I've actually been looking to get my hands on a 16 and have been unable to. I figured that between the Air Video app and Netflix I won't need to store much video in case I'm away from a hotspot. Couple that with the fact that my Synology drive will stream music, space will be plentiful.

If the apps are bigger than I anticipate, I could be in trouble I suppose.

markosb

macrumors 6502
Mar 19, 2010
Yes. I use it for quite a bit of stuff, that I used to do on my desktop... email, browsing, starting documents (sometimes finishing, depends on how complicated) and lots of other things.

AJayAgliolio

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2009
I absolutely loved mine... but then I sold it. My regret was not holding out for the 3G unit, so that is what I am doing now, patiently waiting, (while the friend I sold it to mockingly displays it on their desk every time I walk by, lol.)

I am also getting a 32GB whereas the WiFi unit I had was 16GB. I feel that having more storage is a way of future-proofing the iPad a little... unless you plan on selling it next year when the second generation model is released, I would go with 32 or 64 gigs for sure, (if you have the budget.)

Other than that, you will love it. It really is a great device and it will only get better in time when developers really let loose and create new, amazing apps... not to mention this Fall when it gets some of the new OS 4 features like multitasking.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.