Do you like your Verizon 3G iPad 2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by jmthigpen, May 13, 2011.

1. jmthigpen macrumors regular

how are the verizon data speeds? Glad you went with 3G instead of wifi only?

2. rowuncw macrumors newbie

I'm happy with the Verizon 3G on my iPad. I've never used AT&T data before so I can't really compare directly, but the Verizon speeds seem to be fine, and I know from experience that their coverage is excellent in most places (except inside my house, naturally...but that's what wifi is for).

3. scorpio1973 macrumors 6502a

Another happy Verizon iPad 2 user here. I was originally going to get an AT&T model, but I wasn't able to get one at the time. My coverage is very good and the speeds are good for my purposes. Also, the Verizon plans are a better deal, IMO. Overall, I'm glad I went this route.

4. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Each geographic area will be different. Check that out before you buy!

5. LDTaylor85 macrumors member

I'm happy with mine, I live in the desert and I get good speeds

6. ccwilli3 macrumors member

I like mine also, great speeds, very consistent everywhere I have traveled. No regrets here (got it release weekend).

7. darngooddesign macrumors G3

8. MozMan68 macrumors 68000

MozMan68

I went with the wifi only model...why?? I have Verizon mifi unit.

Just pull that baby out when I need it.

It then gives me the opportunity to upgrade to 4G..5G...whatever, without having to buy a new iPad.:D

9. gmaines macrumors member

I got mine with Verizon, love the speed and I always have it...

10. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

in my area, it's notably slower than at&t, but the coverage is also more widespread; there are a lot of places I have data where I didn't before.

11. EARL97850 macrumors member

I've never had AT&T since smartphones came out so I can't compare between the two, but in my area VZW dominates and does have extremely good coverage.

I'm very happy with my decision.

Cya

12. specialk0449 macrumors member

Both of my iPads are the 3G VZW 64 gig model. I am a long time customer and am very satisfied with their coverage and data plans. VZW has more 3G coverage nationwide than AT&T.

13. dru106 macrumors member

Im happy with mines as I wanted Att and wasnt available...

14. physicsguy13 macrumors 6502

physicsguy13

I have been happy with mine also. I was originally going to purchase an ATT one but they sold out too quickly on launch day.

15. tirnszw, May 13, 2011
    Last edited: May 13, 2011

tirnszw macrumors member

Yes. For me, both AT&T and Verizon 32GB were available for purchase on the launch day but I chose the Verizon one. I am satisfied that I got consistent 3G coverage in rural places while on vacation few weeks ago.

Verizon's speed maybe slower than AT&T but it has better response time (ping) than AT&T in general.

16. iPutz macrumors member

I have been very pleased with Verizon. I selected Verizon over AT&T due to Verizon's broader data coverage.

17. Janet1 macrumors member

No, I really liked AT&T service on my iPad 1 better. At least where I live, the cell signal for AT&T was stronger.

Right now, sitting in my house, my Verizon iPad 2 is only showing 2 bars, while my AT&T iPad 1 always had 4 bars.

It could just be this particular area because I have a lot of problems with my cell phone as well, which is also Verizon.

I didn't intentionally select Verizon for my iPad 2. I bought it off craigslist and that's just what it happened to be.

18. Zeos macrumors 6502

I have the AT&T unlimited so I didn't want to lose that. But both my kids have Verizon, and they get noticeably better coverage overall, and very comparable speeds to my iPad2. We have also noticed that their Verizon iPads don't stall out nearly as much during web page loading as my AT&T iPad does. I will probably be making the switch with iPad3, even if it means dumping the sacred unlimited data plan. :eek:

19. vladtheimpaler macrumors regular

vladtheimpaler

If you have an iPad with Verizon, you might as well have a dial up modem. It's crap.

20. Zeos macrumors 6502

Our speeds are great. Depends on location.

21. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

My speed is pretty good. Att is a bit faster but verizon is much more reliable.

22. Rdclark macrumors newbie

I'm happy with it. I got Verizon because where I live and (mostly) where I work ATT customers have mondo connectivity and slowdown issues that Verizon customers don't. (I don't have a phone plan -- I use a Tracfone -- so I'm new to this.) So when it came time to decide about my new iPad, I went with Verizon.

It's fast enough for me, although very noticeably slower than wifi. Now that I've played with it a couple of months I will probably drop having a routine data plan and just go with wifi except when I'm traveling, since I have wifi almost everywhere I normally go around home and work.

23. hi res macrumors member

hi res

I loved mine until my ex-girlfriend smashed it yesterday, then threw it in the sink and poured water all over it...yep, loved it right up until then.

24. Dschro5, May 17, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2013