Do you lose everything/data when upgrading to 3.0 jb/unlocked?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by GetAudiHere, Jun 29, 2009.

1. GetAudiHere macrumors regular

Title basically says it all. I want to upgrade my 2g jb/unlocked iphone to 3.0. Will I lose everything such as photos, music, cycorder videos etc...?

Also this may be a dumb question but when upgrading when do I actually install the 3.0 upgrade from itunes? before I do the whole pwnage or after?

Thanks in advance!

2. GetAudiHere thread starter macrumors regular

3. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I lost nothing that I've noticed. Even my SMS messages were backed up and restored.

Think I may have had to re-configure a couple of logins in some apps...don't recall for sure. But it was really not bad at all. Was surprised honestly.

4. GetAudiHere thread starter macrumors regular

5. GetAudiHere thread starter macrumors regular

Just upgraded to 3.0 and just to let other ppl know I did lose the photos in my photo library but not my camera roll. Also I lost cycorder videos (I backed them up on my comp before though jic) and I lost my music which isnt a big deal. Just thought I would let other ppl know my experience.

6. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Sorry about that. In my experience, vids are there after reinstalling Cycorder. Perhaps it's due to the order I did things??? I may have lost pics and didn't realize it cuz I didn't have any worht saving?