Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

markhort

macrumors 68000
Aug 28, 2010
UK
Picked up the Cerulean loop today. Really nice colour. Just the Spearmint one to go for me before the new season.

F0EAA727-B26A-48FF-9051-CED77D925142.jpeg

staggerlee41

macrumors 65816
Sep 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
Oh gosh, that's really pretty! So much nicer in real life than on the web site!

It's a real sleeper. I didn't warm up to it until I saw @twanj post his images of it. It has become one of my absolute favorites along with Hyper Grape and Indigo. I will say that Cape Cod Blue is also fantastic and there are still some available from Apple. If you like blue that's another great consideration. Apple's images don't do it justice either.

Reactions: artfossil and twanj

artfossil

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2015
Florida
It's a real sleeper. I didn't warm up to it until I saw @twanj post his images of it. It has become one of my absolute favorites along with Hyper Grape and Indigo. I will say that Cape Cod Blue is also fantastic and there are still some available from Apple. If you like blue that's another great consideration. Apple's images don't do it justice either.
I do have the Cape Cod Blue and wear it all the time! Now I want the Cerulean! But I just ordered the Hibiscus (have the Nectarine) as I'm trying to break out of my blue/navy/white/grey Florida wardrobe.

markhort

macrumors 68000
Aug 28, 2010
UK

Yeah completely agree, much better in person. I've been wearing it a lot recently and a few people have asked about the colour. Moved into my top 3 straps. Hyper grape, Cape Cod and Cerulean.

Going to order the Cornflower strap at the end of the month.

cdcastillo

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2007
The cesspit of civilization
I just got my series 3. I ordered it with the sport loop because, frankly, it was something different than the sport bands I have. I can’t decide what I think of it.

If you’ve been wearing one for a while, what do you think of it? Does it soften up some over time?

I guess I’m just not sure what to expect, and I thought I’d ask before I sell it and get another sport band.
Yes, I love it. I'm not sure what do you mean by it "softening up" over time.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
My loop collection right now.

I have two midnight fog loops (38mm) if anyone is looking for one let me know and I can list it for a forum discount!

7ae42f3cc186808d5301b5e7bcfcbd28.jpg

Well your love for the sport loop is pretty obvious! ;-p

I wish I could get myself to love them, but I just haven't been able to get past the initial stage where they are kinda stiff and bulky feeling. That midnight fog is NICE though - really like the color.

TotalMacMove

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2013
USA
Well your love for the sport loop is pretty obvious! ;-p

I wish I could get myself to love them, but I just haven't been able to get past the initial stage where they are kinda stiff and bulky feeling. That midnight fog is NICE though - really like the color.

I feel like they get very soft after a few days.. and are the most comfortable out of all bands! Plus they have so many colors in one loop so looking at your wrist never gets old throughout the day haha.

cdcastillo

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2007
Being more flexible and not so stiff, and the loop where you flip it back not being so pronounced.

I honestly do not remember the sport loops being ever that stiff, so, I can not really be of help here. I do know that they are not stiff now (I have 2, one original with about 8 months of use, and one third party with about 5 months of use).

I'm currently waiting for the new pride sport loop, it should arrive today. I'll check and let you know.

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
I honestly do not remember the sport loops being ever that stiff, so, I can not really be of help here. I do know that they are not stiff now (I have 2, one original with about 8 months of use, and one third party with about 5 months of use).

I'm currently waiting for the new pride sport loop, it should arrive today. I'll check and let you know.

Can’t remember mine being stiff as well - by far my go-to-comfort-band for weekends and evenings but in the summer they feel quite a bit warmer than the woven nylons. Really a shame they axed them

broadbean

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2007
I just haven't been able to get past the initial stage where they are kinda stiff and bulky feeling.

You sure you’re not referring to the knock-offs? The Apple ones have always been soft, unlike the Nylon ones.

They feel even softer compared to my knock-offs.

Unless you’re talking about the “loop” initially, where the band doubles back with velcro.

ssledoux

macrumors 601
Original poster
Sep 16, 2006
Down south
You sure you’re not referring to the knock-offs? The Apple ones have always been soft, unlike the Nylon ones.

They feel even softer compared to my knock-offs.

Unless you’re talking about the “loop” initially, where the band doubles back with velcro.

Yeah I'm sure. I had one that came with my series 3 cellular, and then I bought an Apple one on here to give it another try, and I just didn't like it. But yes, you're correct about the "loop." It's where it doubles over that it bothers me. My wrist is small, so I have a big area that doesn't touch velcro, and it just looks bad. I can't make myself get past the initial phase of wearing one to see if that would flatten out a bit.

Reactions: CarlJ

cdcastillo

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2007
I'm wearing the new sport loop since last night, and although I wouldn't have noticed at all if I was not looking for it, I have to admit some people could describe the feeling of the new sport loop as "stiff", mainly on the edges, even if I consider it an exaggeration.

To me it is as soft as the other sport loops I have. IMG_1460.jpg IMG_1461.jpg

swarlos

Suspended
Oct 18, 2015
Freaking love the sport loops and I think they’re much better than the woven nylon bands.

9ce026e5a4b687f3517f00af2e50c381.jpg

Just got the summit white nike sport loop. Next band is going to be the Spearmint sport band to match my case.

Though I did just buy a product red sport loop off a guy on reddit and the denim sport band. Super excited. This is why I love the  watch!

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
Freaking love the sport loops and I think they’re much better than the woven nylon bands.

9ce026e5a4b687f3517f00af2e50c381.jpg

Just got the summit white nike sport loop. Next band is going to be the Spearmint sport band to match my case.

Though I did just buy a product red sport loop off a guy on reddit and the denim sport band. Super excited. This is why I love the  watch!
I love them as well but feel they are quite a bit warmer to wear on hot days compared to the woven

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.