Do you Miss the Jb on iPad 3 ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Kralledr, Apr 29, 2012.

1. Kralledr macrumors member

Hey Guys

I Would like to know do you miss the jailbreak on iPad 3 ?

For me is the First device that Not have a Jb and is Strange but i not miss it.

What about you?

2. j.leson macrumors member

I did at first, but I've adapted. I prb. won't JB again. I don't want to go through the hassle of setting up my ipad again after the JB.

3. Kralledr thread starter macrumors member

If Apple Would Build in a sbsettings , Then i think i really Not Need a Jb again :)

4. CandyNJ66 macrumors regular

Not really. Perfectly fine and very happy without it

5. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

My ipad2 is JB, obviously my ipad3 is not and with that said I won't be jailbreaking my new iPad...I know the benefits with a JB and enjoy the community but I lost the desire to hack my devices I guess

6. Pompiliu macrumors 6502a

Pompiliu

7. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

Sure I do. XBMC, major camera enhancement (low-light shots, 60p at 720p, wideangle video) hacks (as I've done previously to the iPhone 4 and 4S) etc. - ALL missing.

8. gamecube117 macrumors 6502

Wait I don't get it, what happened? I thought there is a jail break for the new iPad?

9. asdtfdr macrumors member

This. XBMC is the reason I want to jb my new iPad. Of course all other cool tweaks like ad block, zephyr and such will help too :).

10. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

Nope, unfortunately.

----------

BTW, exactly what feature would you use of XBMC? With some (not very lengthy) pre-processing, non-jailbroken apps are capable of almost the same as XMBC.

11. asdtfdr macrumors member

Playing 720p and 1080p mkv without the need to remux them to mp4 before syncing with the iPad. I know that there are many apps that play mkv files, but not 1080p and 720p without lag, and they do not use the GPU so they use much more power. Also, XBMC addons make it a really versatile media player :).

12. Menneisyys2 macrumors 603

Yup, exactly the same situation here...

Yup, I've tested all(!) of them and none(!) of them is capable of playing back H.264 Full HD content properly.

Yup - for example, it's the only player for iOS to play back 24 bit and/or lossless WMA.

13. Feltzem macrumors regular

Not at all. In high school my iPhone and iPad were jailbroken and I didn't pay for most apps or music, but now I pay for everything. It feels a lot better paying for something, and it's reassuring that when I get a new device I can just re-download and update all my apps without hassles. Also, when I was jailbroken I constantly had issues, like terrible battery life, performance, and random freezes.

14. NTeggerdine macrumors member

I'm ok without it but I can't wait for the new JB to come out I like being able to customize md add features not available any ware else.

15. Dkorda macrumors 6502

16. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

My iPad 1 was jailbroken, and I enjoyed having it jailbroken. I can't remeber if I ever jailbroke my iPad 2 -- I either never did, or lost the jailbreak when I updated to iOS 5. In any case, it took so long for a new JB to come out, and in the meanwhile, I got used to living non-jailbroken. I never did JB my iPad 2 even after it came out for iOS 5, and I'm not sure if I will ever JB again. The hassle vs benefits ratio has definitely shifted for me as iOS gained more features.