iPad Do you miss your JB on the New IPad?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Redjericho, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

I upgraded from the iPad 1 to the 3 because it was such a big jump, and at first I didn't miss the jailbreak, but as I use vanilla iOS I'm really starting to miss ifile.

And at first I didn't think I would have to wait long with it being jailbroken on the first day, but with all the JB debs confirming that their methods were not a viable option, it looks like I'm gonna be waiting quite a while, maybe forever.

Anybody else starting to miss it?

2. macemily macrumors newbie

Just wait. Jailbreak for the new iPad is on its way.

3. gigaguy macrumors 65816

yes, I sold the 3 and bought a cheap Apple refurb that was jailbreakable, using that til...?

4. citivolus macrumors 6502a

me too!

5. oli356 macrumors 6502

I miss it, but not enough to go back to my iPad 1

6. ClutchThese macrumors 65816

ClutchThese

I miss it for tethering alone... Nothing more. The new iPad is amazing. Especially vs iPad 1

7. bwrairen macrumors 6502

I definitely miss it. But not enough to go back to the duece.

8. vega07 macrumors 65816

I miss sbsettings, ifile, default browser change, having more than 6 icons in the dock, having more than 5 icons each row, and quite a few other features.

9. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

I'm still not sure if I'm going to buy one or wait another year, but I won't be seriously considering it until it's jailbroken. The two days I spent between upgrading to 5.0.1 and re-jbing were enough for me!

10. geraintj macrumors newbie

new ipad

Miss my iPad 1 as I had ipadphoneit on so I could send and receive sms and phone calls. (Don't get on well with my normal mobile phone) But I like the new screen so much I wouldnt go back to my iPad 1 (it was getting a bit slow as well with all the JB apps running.) Looking forward to a JB for new iPad and hopefully they will get phoneitIpad working on that. Anyone know anything about an update to phoneitIpad to make it work on the new dual core architecture?

11. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

I don't know about phone calls, but TextFree (app store, not Cydia) lets you send texts.

12. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

Yes! I miss iFile dearly. :( being able to delete files in cloud apps is a major issue for me. That app should come standard on all iOS devices.

I also miss using my sd cards to transfer movies to my iPad. I tried it the cloud way and having to download a 790mb movie is a pain. The "cloud" sucks a**!

13. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

Patiently waiting for the jailbreak after having it on both my iPad 1 and 2. iFile and SSH are indespensable to me. However, like many others, the latest iPad is a great upgrade and I'm loving it as is for now.

14. mcsenerd macrumors regular

Yes.

15. OutSpoken macrumors 6502a

This is my first iPad but even I'm desperate to jailbreak it.:( I love it but I'm missing so much of the jailbreak tweaks I use on my jailbroken iPhone.

Simple things like being able to passcode lock apps. My iPad is pretty much communal in my house, but that doesn't mean I want everyone to have access to my mail!

16. sampath macrumors newbie

I'm coping but would dearly love to put XBMC on this thing (unless anyone has any recommendations for other apps capable of streaming HD MKVs from a NAS?).

17. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

Talkatone via Google Voice works great for those two things.

But yes I miss my jailbreak that I had on my last iPad.

18. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

19. bilibug macrumors regular

bilibug

Lockinfo. Dying without it. Best JB app EVER!

20. 3goldens macrumors 68000

3goldens

21. hadees macrumors newbie

Where are they confirming that? I haven't seen an update on iPhone Dev Team Blog in a month.

22. dieburnbot macrumors 6502a

dieburnbot

23. Sgt.makaveli macrumors member

Jailbreak is the best thing about an idevice.

Without it, i'm pretty sure apple would lose ALOT of buyers!!!

24. Sherifftruman macrumors 6502

I too am missing a jailbreak. Lockinfo was really nice. Even the ability to have an icon up in the status bar showing I have mail is something I am surprised I miss. Truprint is also something I miss. I have a Samsung printer and they have an app, but it's a pain to use and not as versatile.

Even worse for me is that I dropped my iPhone 4 and broke it beyond repair and had to pick up a 4s that came with 5.1 so now both my devices are stock. :eek:

25. ZipZap macrumors 601

How will that work exactly?

Do you mean people are waiting for the JB before they buy?

I dont think JB will have any affect on sales.