Do you miss your sold ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jarson, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Jarson macrumors regular

Jarson

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

Thread pointed to those who sold their iPad to get a new one.

Before i bought an ipad, i didn't really needed it, but decided to buy anyway as it is a great and helpful piece of technology. Now, im without my iPad 2 for couple of days and i don't know how could i do particular things without ipad!

I definitely feel lack of something.

How about you dear ipad users?

2. homeboy macrumors 6502

I miss it. I did 90% of my computing on it. The laptop all of a sudden feels like a bulky inconvenience that I have to "switch on" and shut of, not to mention plug in.

Plus I did all my emailing on the iPad. Friday can't come soon enough.

3. JUiCEJamie macrumors 6502a

JUiCEJamie

I'm exactly the same. Yeah, I do have a MPB which I sometimes do things on.
    But I just rely on my iPad to have fast and simple access to the easier tasks.

Especially with PhotoShop Touch, I could just quick mock up something rough, jot down a quick song idea on GarageBand etc etc.

You're right, Friday really can't come soon enough! :D

4. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B179 Safari/7534.48.3)

Yeah I thought I didn't really think I used my iPad that much until now. Surprised at how many times I went to reach for it and relized it was gone.

Though between my iPhone and my macbook pro I don't really "need" it. But I do miss it.

5. gigaguy macrumors 65816

Yes! I sold my ipad2 weeks ago to get a 3 but yesterday I happily bought a 3 mo old ipad2 for half what I sold mine for. A jail broken 2 at a bargain price is better than a retail+tax priced iPad 3 to me.

I thought 3 would sell out so I preordered but i just cancelled. Decided to wait, at least until I figure out best 4g provider/plan, get one cheaper later online, w no tax. The new features are not a must have for now. May even wait for a 3 jailbreak, but that could be months.

Enjoy your 3's. I just don't use iPad with games or programs that the hi res would benefit that much. And with capped data plans, no big need for faster dloading, you just get to your cap faster!!

6. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

Not as much as I would think. I've instinctually grabbed for it a few times. But the iPhone will get me through the next few weeks. I didn't even sell it yet- a friend borrowed it to try and said no. Got a few others in line.

7. jeremiah239 macrumors 6502a

jeremiah239

I got lucky and sold my iPad 2 32GB with case for $480 to a family member. He already gave me the money and I preordered the iPad 3rd gen and I don't have to give him my iPad 2 until the 16th. So no I don't miss it because I still have it lol.

8. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

Ya I sold mine the other day to supplement the cost of the new one that's on it's way.

Between my PC and my iPhone i don't feel to lost but sure wish I had it while sitting in the living room the last couple nights.

Ohh well ... more days and I will be going from a an iPad 1 to the The New iPad .....should be a HUGE change and bump in speed and just about everything really.

Can;t wait.

9. Karmak macrumors member

My situation is worse. I gave my iPad 2 to my wife and I am helping her acclimate to the new device so I see her on it all the time. Out of habit I reach for where the ipad rested and then sigh.

10. Lurchdubious macrumors 65816

Lurchdubious

I do the bulk of my computing on my Air, felt like I was hardly even using my iPad, but last night I was REALLY missing my iPad2. It's just so fun for casual browsing. I sold my iPad a week ago......feels like a month! Doesn't help that she shipped yesterday and is at Fedex just a few hours away from me. 'Future delivery' is irritating.

11. Mr.C macrumors 601

I never sell my devices until after I get the new one. I'm doing the same thing with the new iPad. Luckily as I always sell privately I still get the same price I would have if I sold it just before. Therefore I have no worries of missing my iPad. :)

12. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

Some of you folks really need to get a life! Go outside and breath some fresh air.

[​IMG]

13. Lurchdubious macrumors 65816

Lurchdubious

Same price as before the $100 price drop on the iPad 2? Unlikely. I only sell privately, and I got $380 for my 16GB WiFi the day before #3's release. No way I'd get that much now.

14. Mr.C, Mar 11, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2012

Mr.C macrumors 601

Yes the same price. I'm talking about the UK here and not the US plus I'm selling it privately. You may not be able to get the same price for yours after the new iPad release but I certainly can for mine. I sold my original iPad for the same price as it was worth before the iPad 2 release approximately three months after. Plus the 32GB and 64GB iPad 2 models have been discontinued here in the UK so will be hard to find now. Mine is a 64GB Wi-Fi plus 3G model. I'll be getting between £450 and £500 for it which is pretty good considering I paid £660 for it.

Edit: I just had a look at the 16GB wi-fi plus 3G model pricing on Apple's site and it's £429. In that respect buying a 64GB Wi-Fi plus 3G model in mint condition with the box and everything included with approximately two months warranty still left for £500 is a pretty good deal.

15. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

I don't know how you guys do it. I couldn't stand to be a day without my iPad, so I decided to take the monetary resale hit and sell it next Saturday after the new iPad arrives. I did the same thing last year for the iPad 2 - sold it the next afternoon after launch day.

I think I'd be having withdrawal symptoms. ;)

16. pure3d2 macrumors 6502

Btw, it's breathe. Breath = noun (e.g. your breath stinks); breathe = verb (e.g. remember to breathe or you'll pass out).

17. ixodes macrumors 601

ixodes

It's only an iPad... surely you can survive without one for awhile :eek:

18. Dlanod macrumors 6502a

I sold mine yesterday and I'm away next week and I'd use it more then - I have a back up HTC Flyer that isn't that bad - but not a patch on any iPad. So it will be a long week.........

19. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

I'm also not selling my iPad2 until I have my new iPad in my sweaty hands.

I made that mistake last year when I sold my iPad1 just before I left work early to go to a local store to purchase a new one. I had been "assured" by the store that they would have adaquate supplies of units. Since I was #15 I felt sure I'd get one, but they only had 5 units and none of them were what I wanted. I went 3 weeks before I got one, and I definitely went through withdrawl symptoms.

I decided not to make that mistake again this year. I've had 3 co-workers say they want to buy my iPad2 so I'm not worried about selling it, but I told them that I will not be getting rid of it until the new one is in hand.

20. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

Like, emotional or physical? Tell us about it.

21. rman726 macrumors 6502

Yes. I'm glad I sold at the time I did since the value went down quite a bit on Amazon trade-in, and I think I got lucky with them accepting my "Like New" appraisal of my first gen iPad :D. But I really want my new iPad to get here!

22. jperry2010 macrumors newbie

Ugh...yes...everyday.

Sold my iPad two weekends ago (glad I did cause I got what the new ones sell for now), but it has been a long couple of weeks without my iPad.

23. ultravioletfly macrumors regular

Sold my iPad 2 3 weeks ago. Kinda dying here without it.

24. Nychot macrumors 6502a

I missed it so much I bought a used iPad 2 16gb 3G locally fron craigslist for $350 still under warranty with case in mint condition. I sold my ipad2 16gb wifi for $415. Will buy the new iPad Friday at bestbuy and keep this as a spare and use when commuting etc.

25. Awjvail macrumors 6502

I sold my iPad yesterday. I'm dying without it.

But I sold it for $400 w/case (16gb wifi). Score.