do you move alot in your sleep?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by iOrlando, Nov 2, 2009.

1. iOrlando macrumors 68000

so while watching paranormal activity...i was shocked to see how little those two people moved during the night when sleeping.

i move on average about once every 15 minutes. Most of the time i dont know i am moving but i do it nevertheless. what about other people?

I often find the fitted sheet is completely removed and on the floor when i wake up...as are all the blankets...

do you think I go through the complete sleep cycle?

2. cantthinkofone macrumors 65816

cantthinkofone

3. ezzie macrumors 68020

ezzie

I am less restless than I used to be, but I'm a really light sleeper so I wake up for any little thing and end up turning over or whatever. I used to wake up with blankets everywhere, me with my head at the foot of the bed, etc. I also used to take my retainer out and throw it across the room. :eek:

As far as your question about the complete sleep cycle...I don't know. Maybe you're just an active dreamer? Do you wake up feeling like you had a crappy night's sleep?

4. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

My sleeping position changes a lot when I wake up. So I guess I do move a lot.

5. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Not really, I sleep fairly still. I roll over and stuff but not too often, maybe once an hour?

6. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

The last few nights I have been waking up in all sorts of weird positions. I guess it might be something to do with this cold I have, I cant breathe out my nose.

7. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

I think I don't move much. But depending on how tired I was, I generally wake up to a little drool.

And how do you know this?

8. arkitect macrumors 603

arkitect

Indeed. :)

How do people know these things? Cameras?
    Or do they wake up every 15 minutes or on the hour, check the clock and make a little note on a pad by their bedside?

9. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

I tend to wake up on the side i fell asleep on but i no i do move. Some times i have woken up on my back, side and stomach.

10. iOrlando thread starter macrumors 68000

its more of an estimate. like last night...i was real tired so i slept pretty well...other nights...i just keep turning and tossing...although i still think i get a good amount of sleep...its like i am tossing and turning..while still in sleep mode...

weird part was this morning....i got up exactly 10 seconds before my alarm rang....weird....(and i had set it a half hour earlier)

11. arkitect macrumors 603

arkitect

Oh I don't doubt that. I am sure I move around a bit as well.
    I was just wondering about the posters who are so sure of the amounts and time intervals. ;)

12. RKO macrumors 6502

RKO

It annoys the hell out of me when that happens. What's the use setting the alarm in the first place. Nothing beats trying to race to turn of the alarm before it goes off.

13. brasscat macrumors 6502

brasscat

I used to move a lot, then I got a quality bed and I move a lot less.

14. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

I don't know. I don't think I move around much. More importantly, I sleep next to someone who doesn't move around (or snore) much. As a very light sleeper I appreciate this very much. He does however get hypnic jerks occasionally as he is falling asleep. Once properly asleep he's quiet and still. :)

15. phantomic macrumors member

phantomic

I wake up on the same side of the bed so i would say that im fairly restless

16. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Oh, so that's what they're called. Back at school I'd fall asleep during the Chapel services and well, you'd always hope that no one notices.

I think you'll find that it's more 'restful' than 'restless' which means constant motion.

17. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

I always seem to like wake up 20 minutes before my alarm goes off. Been like this for 5 years since i started full time work.

18. SilentPanda Moderator emeritus

SilentPanda

I've contemplated taking video of myself while asleep. Maybe just have it take video when motion is detected. I thought it might be mildly interesting yet probably very very boring.

19. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Then again, you could have Paranormal Activity 2 lying in the waits. ;)

Oh, to stay on topic: yes, I do, and according to the girlfriend, I like to steal the blankets.
    All your blanket are belong to me.

20. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I don't sleep alone.

21. arkitect macrumors 603

arkitect

I used a voice recorder many years ago to see what/if I was talking about in my sleep…

The voices I heard scared me, so I stopped doing it…

Neither do I. ;)
    But I'd still find it difficult to time things to the minute or hour… ;)

22. Melrose Suspended

Melrose

Not so much anymore, I don't think.

When I was little, I'd go to sleep in the typical position and wake up with head hanging over near the foot of my bed at times, or sideways with the legs off one side and arms and head off the other. Not any more, thanks goodness.

23. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Regularly not really, but if I was drinking on a weekend I have sleep walked and woke up on the pool table outside my room.

24. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Where is this from, if you don't mind?

One of my friends said "All your base are belong to us" to me the other day, and I was like "What?"

25. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

HAHA. If you have an iPhone, download an app called "All you base are belong to us."

Its a free app, and has a funny video to show you the origin, and the meme it has become.

Its from a very old japanese game made into an english version. The translation got really screwed up, and the resulting gramatical errors are really funny.

HOW ARE YOU GENTLEMEN!!
    ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US
    YOU ARE ON THE WAY TO DESTRUCTION

WHAT YOU SAY!!

YOU HAVE NO CHANCE TO SURVIVE MAKE YOUR TIME