iPhone 6(S)(+) Do you need an appointment for a battery swap??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Garemlin, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Garemlin Suspended

Garemlin

Just as the title says. Closest apple store is 45 minutes away. We are actually gonna be up close to it today and were thinking about taking our old 6s in to get the battery swapped. Do they take walk l-ins or do you have to have an appointment?

2. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

I believe they require an appointment. You may get lucky and have a nice person willing to let you in, but the odds aren't in your favor.

3. Garemlin thread starter Suspended

Garemlin

Thanks

4. EEzycade macrumors regular

EEzycade

5. pika2000 macrumors 601

Yes, appointment is highly recommended. Walking in can mean a long wait.

6. kingston73 macrumors 6502a

kingston73

Just a warning, be prepared for them to tell you to come back at a later date. I tried to get a battery replacement but when I went there I was told the first appointment was just to confirm if the phone needed a replacement and that I'd have to make a second appt to actually get it replaced. I gave up after that and never did make the second appt

7. pika2000 macrumors 601

Hmm that's weird. I have had several battery replacements (once for my 5, twice for my 6S), all at three different Apple stores in three different countries, and they all had the same procedure. I just needed to make a single appointment, then they tested my phone and then took my phone and told me to come back an hour and a half later. No need for a second appointment.

8. kingston73 macrumors 6502a

kingston73

This was last year for me and this was just at 1 store. I was extremely disappointed and frustrated with them after waiting in the store. Maybe my experience was an anomaly.

9. Garemlin thread starter Suspended

Garemlin

They actually took us as walk-ins. Surprising since they looked pretty busy.

10. C DM macrumors Sandy Bridge

Depends on the store and what they decide on that day basically.

11. Shadowbech macrumors 601

Typically depends. They do walk ins but not a guaranteed and not a top priority over those who actually made appointment. But of course some do no shows.