Do you need to reinstall apps after 1.1.3 jalibreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by pimmysays, Jan 27, 2008.

1. pimmysays macrumors member

I was just wondering, for those of you who have done the 1.1.3 jailbreak did you have to reinstall all your apps? just like 1.1.1 -> 1.1.2?

2. heyjude421 macrumors newbie

3. dagored macrumors 65816

No way. It is replacing the entire firmware. No way to tell who has what installed. It does however retain your preferences. My mail, weather, contacts, etc were all there. Ready to run. If you use the correct upgrade, from the Dev team all is great. i just restored my 3rd party apps. Only one I can not get to work is Make it Mine. It loads and works, but does not do anything. The iPod name does not change. I can live with that.

Customize and be tricked also, but I only used it to move my icons. Not necessary now.

Summerboard can work with some tweaks, but no backgrounds. Unless you like the special icons, I would wait for an update.

iTunes also recognizes my Touch has bee upgraded. One happy camper.

4. iwannamac macrumors member

Holy crap, 500 GHz iMac? :)

5. bg002h macrumors newbie

The /applications folder gets replaced by the Nate true soft jailbreak. So, you're apps are gone if you keep them there. However, if you keep your apps in the root home folder and have a symbolic link to /Applications, reestablishing the link brings back all your apps. Not sure about dev team jailbreak.

6. heyjude421 macrumors newbie

ha! didn't realize anyone ready that stuff