Do you not have a texting plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iMas70, Jun 28, 2013.

1. iMas70 macrumors 6502a

I'm thinking about deleting my texting plan. A lot of my friends have iPhones so the messages are sent over iMessage. And I can use Google Voice of What'sApp for texting to others.

If you've done this, does it work pretty good or is it a PITA to have to switch between programs? I'm wondering if it's worth the $20.00 savings per month.

2. Primejimbo, Jun 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2013

Primejimbo macrumors 68040

I like to see this too. To me I don't think it's worth it at all. Google voice isn't reliable, and I think it would be rude to tell people "text me on this number only, but call me on this". I also like at least texting and iMessage are 1 app, to use 3 different ones to me is a pain.

$0.67 a day to me is worth it, and I'm on a family plan for $30 for 5 phones so it's even less.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I wouldn't completely get rid of texting.
    Unlimited texts on a family plan also ends up giving me unlimited calling to any cellphone carrier in the US.

4. anaqvi786 macrumors regular

In my opinion, you might not need a texting plan. If you want to avoid overages, or text here and there, promotion 73920 on Verizon can give you 500 free texts for a year.