Do you notice a difference in battery drain when charging wirelessly vs. from a cable?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Pd1987, Oct 14, 2017.

1. Pd1987 macrumors member

Pd1987

Is this a thing? Or is it in my head?

I noticed on my Note 8 that it perhaps drains less quickly when I've charged it via cable vs when it's been charged wirelessly.

I'm thinking it makes no sense because regardless of charging method, the battery still holds the same amount? Either way, I'm not complaining about the battery life on this thing. It's such a great phone and I'm really impressed and happy with the battery life!

Has anyone observed anything like this?

2. GrumpyMom macrumors 604

GrumpyMom

No, I haven’t noticed any difference. At home I use wireless charging on my S8+ and on the road I use usb c direct charging. I get great battery life on the S8+ either way.

3. ah1488 Suspended

ah1488

a place of settlement, activity, or residence
    my wife has an s8 and hasnt mentioned anything like this.

4. Pd1987 thread starter macrumors member

Pd1987

Yeah I didn't think it was a thing. Maybe the day I charged it with the cable was a light usage day lol!

5. GrumpyMom macrumors 604

GrumpyMom

Sometimes it can be hard to tell with these hunches. There are too many variables to keep track of to really confirm or disprove them just by going on our daily usage. The only way to really be sure is to impose more controlled conditions and careful measurement, and who has time to do that unless you run a You Tube channel dedicated to investigating stuff like this for ad revenue. :)

6. Pd1987 thread starter macrumors member

Pd1987

This is true! It was just a quick, very non-scientific observation, anyway. Regardless, I've been VERY happy with the battery life and am not concerned at all :D

7. ah1488 Suspended

ah1488

the only thing my wife mentioned was wireless charging was slower than using a cable but that is common from what i hear.

8. Nilhum macrumors regular

Nilhum

When I had my Note 5 a while back I always noticed my battery died quickly if I used the fast charging plug rather than a normal one. I would always end the day longer without using fast charging.

Who knows, maybe it was just coincidence. Never did a scientific test.

9. ah1488 Suspended

ah1488

thats pretty weird. im assuming that it was an ongoing issue for you?