Do you notice any problems or bugs with your jailbroken iTouch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by NEWYORKMETS, May 21, 2008.

1. NEWYORKMETS macrumors newbie

Ok, well I'm about to jailbreak my iTouch, but my friend was saying how it gets slower and a little more buggy once you do so. Is this true for any of you guys?

Have you guys noticed any changes after jailbreaking?

Also, I hear that jailbreaking voids your warranty. How would Apple or Best Buy (the place I bought it) know that I jailbroke it if I restore it. (Hypothetically speaking).

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

if yours is slow and buggy, then your doing it wrong.

3. NEWYORKMETS thread starter macrumors newbie

Well I haven't tried jailbreaking it yet. I just don't want to do it only to see it become slower and buggy.

So i take it you saw no differences? lol

4. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

ill admit some apps can crash and stuff, but the overall ipod has no difference at all. its an app to app basis

5. NEWYORKMETS thread starter macrumors newbie

Do the main apps crash after jailbreaking, or only some of the ones you download?
    Are they only slow and buggy when using that one buggy app? For example, if you have the buggy app on your iTouch and you aren't using it, will your iTouch be buggy and slow while using other apps (especially the main ones that normally come with the device)?
    If the buggy app does make your iTouch slower, does deleting the buggy app make your iTouch back to normal?

6. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/9A3B Safari/419.3)

you bought a pasco itouch?then post up in their forums, but if your refering to an apple iPod touch [\b] then the anser would he yes, it is slightly buggy, but very liviable with, I need to restore mine, since I've bogged it down with lots of crap.... But thats just me

Overall, it is very useble, and nice

7. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

only the downloaded ones could potentially be buggy, nothing else on the touch is affected

8. ColinEC macrumors 6502

Only one problem (not sure if it's related to jailbreaking, might be my internet): YouTube videos take a very long time to load. I don't even bother watching YouTube on my iPod touch because of it.

9. mastershakess macrumors 6502

works great no problems!

I have 2 pages of games that all work, any games that don't work I simply erase. No problems with jailbreaking 1.1.4