iPad Pro Do you notice low quality Youtube videos on the iPad Pro ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by max2, Nov 13, 2015.

1. max2 macrumors 68000

Like do you notice the low quality YouTube videos are not as sharp as higher quality videos more so then a iPad Mini or iPad Air 2 lets say ?

That is the only thing I hate about YouTube you are dependent on the video uploader's source video quality.

2. yicaiweng macrumors member

yicaiweng

i think it's also because there are too many pixels on iPad pro than iPad air 2 and iPad mini.

3. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

Is the YouTube app even updated yet? Even the YT desktop site looks scaled on iPad Pro weirdly enough...

4. garyleecn macrumors 6502a

no, google seems to be slow on this, i remember it took a really loooooooooooong time for google to upgrade youtube app for iphone 6 plus....

5. tdream macrumors 65816

It's not optimised for tablets, let alone the iPad Pro. Google's tablet apps leave a lot to be desired.

6. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

Ugh the new YouTube tablet design is a nightmare except for those who love unused blank space. I switched to ProTube which offers all the features in a design that resembles the earlier YouTube tablet apps. It's already optimized for iPad Pro, offers picture-in-picture and background audio, there are no ads and it shows you all your subscription's videos by corcumventing the crappy new API.

Sorry if this turned into an ad but I really like the app and it supports all of the fancy new features while Google's version just sucks..

7. moxxham macrumors 6502

moxxham

Will videos look sharper if the app is updated for the Pro? At the moment it's essentially a blown up iPad app. I also hope they give us the option to watch 4K video on it on YouTube!

8. MinEderPlayz macrumors 6502a

MinEderPlayz

Well I assume so because it doesn't go through 2 rescaling processes. When a video is played in the iPad Pro compatible app, then it only needs to be resized to fit the screen. When a video is played in an app that is not compatible with iPad Pro, this video is first rescaled to fit the screen of iPad Air and then rescaled again to fit the screen of iPad Pro.

9. moxxham macrumors 6502

moxxham

Ahhh cool, I though that may have been then case! Thanks :)