Do you notice page outs?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by micrors4racer, Oct 15, 2012.

1. micrors4racer macrumors 6502

I traded my i5 8gb ram 2011 Mini for a i7 4gb 2011 11" MBA. I never paged out on the mini even when running photoshop and light room along with browsing.

On my MBA I now page out up to 1GB-1.5GB but I wouldn't say that I notice it very much if at all. I think this is due to the SSD (samsung). I have no seen any beach balls yet.

Does anyone else feel the same? I am contemplating on selling this MBA to get one with 8gb of ram and a 256gb ssd but mainly for the ssd since I realized 128gb is a little bit too small.

Also, when I look at the graph on activity monitor, is it safe to assume that the blue area is basically equal to the green and can add them together to see my actual free space?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, both free and inactive RAM is available to apps that need it. Follow every step of the following instructions precisely. Do not skip any steps.
    1. Launch Activity Monitor
    2. Change "My Processes" at the top to "All Processes"
    3. Click on the "% CPU" column heading once or twice, so the arrow points downward (highest values on top).
      (If that column isn't visible, right-click on the column headings and check it, NOT "CPU Time")
    4. Click on the System Memory tab at the bottom.
    5. Take a screen shot of the entire Activity Monitor window, then scroll down to see the rest of the list, take another screen shot
    6. Post your screenshots.