Do you notice the light sensor working ??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by XheartcoreboyX, Oct 26, 2007.

1. XheartcoreboyX macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

i got my perfect week 40 iPod touch ..

i cant seem to notice any change in the brightness when the Auto-Brightness setting is ON when putting my finger on the sensor or even turning off the whole room light then turn it back on...just nothing changes..

does it -actually- change for you ??

2. safetyobc macrumors 6502

safetyobc

Mine doesn't do anything either. I just assumed it doesn't work. No big deal to me though.

3. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

When you put it to sleep and turn it back on again to the "slide to unlock" screen it adjusts it. I also noticed when I turn the light up my screen gets brighter as well.

4. dagored macrumors 65816

Its not immediate. It takes a few moments. I thought something was wrong also, but when I ignored it, it would adjust.

5. aidanpendragon macrumors 6502a

Per #3, it seems to adjust whenever you change screens or modes. So, go from a video back to the top menu, or vice versa; iPod goes to sleep and you wake it; etc.

6. David G. macrumors 65816

Week 41 iPod touch light sensor working for me.

7. Football1maniac macrumors regular

Football1maniac

I have a Week 37 iPod, and it didn't work before I Jailbraked it. I did a restore, and for some amazing reason, it works perfectly now. The only issue is that it'll adjust only when you unlock your iPod.:apple:

8. noshooz macrumors member

noshooz

I've noticed my display dim after turning off the room light at bedtime. It didn't dim right away, took a few seconds. I've also noticed it brighten after turning on a light nearby. Mine is a week 37. So it does work.

9. Matteh117 macrumors regular

I only noticed a change on the main screen. After unlocking it, it dims sometimes for me, otherwise I don't notice it.

10. PkennethV macrumors 6502a

Mine works fine. For example... it was on the now playing screen when the car backed out of the garage (during the day) and the screen adjusted within second(s).