Do you own a Corsair TX750W and if so

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by waloshin, Jul 14, 2009.

1. waloshin macrumors 68040

waloshin

Do you own a Corsair TX750W and if so

A) How quiet is it?

B) How reliable will it be?

C) Can it be ran for 24/7 with out any problems?

2. CombatLibrarian macrumors newbie

I don't own one yet, though I will soon and I've been doing the homework on it. Here's what I can tell you so far.

A) This depends on a few things. First, how are the temps and ambient temp on the case it will be installed in. Secondly, how heavily will it be loaded. Under low load....and with this PSU, the average user qualifies as "low load" unless you're an overclocker or sporting the most power hungry set-ups...the reports are that the fan stays extremely quiet. If you have a heavier load and/or high ambient temps in your case, the fan auto-steps up the warmer it gets, and eventually is decidedly not quiet under high temperature and/or high load situations.

B) I couldn't speak for dependability overall, I have no access to Corsair's RMA %'s. But the Corsair name continues to carry recommendability, and I'm hoping that's for a good reason. The Corsair line all seems to use high-quality parts, like known high-quality caps that aren't likely to blow up on you. I do know that they have the best Warranty around for PSU's, 5 years on all of them.

C) That 24/7 question is going to once again fall under "what is your hardware setup like?" as in question A. But then, if you're running an overclocked topend CPU and an overclocked SLI rig, I'd hope you wouldn't be planning to run it as a 24/7 box in the first place. :D That said, I wouldn't think that the average user would have a problem with that.

3. Rich3303 macrumors newbie

So at first I thought you were asking if I owned this...

[​IMG]