Do you own a USB wireless remote for your Retina?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by danoftroy, Dec 28, 2012.

1. danoftroy macrumors newbie

I own a Macbook Pro Retina, 15."

The Macbook Pro Retina does not accept the Apple IR remote control.

I have seen on the Apple Store a Kensington 3337 wireless remote presenter, but my big question is this: Does it work with Macbook Pro Retina?

If you own a RETINA, and you own a Wireless Remote Presenter, please tell me the brand name you have. I must have one in my hands within a week, and have wasted a week trying to get a remote to work with my Retina.

thank you,

Dan

2. SDAVE macrumors 68040

SDAVE

What do you need it for?

If you have an iOS device, download the Remote app and you can control iTunes. Has to be on the same WiFi connectivity, obviously.

3. danoftroy thread starter macrumors newbie

I have downloaded the Keynote app for my iPHone 5, but it works only wirelessly, and according to the Apple senior advisor I was on the phone with for over 1 hour tonight, he said the iPhone 5 and the Macbook Pro Retina do not sync via Bluetooth. The issue I hope does not happen is that when I give my presentation in two weeks, which is at a conference center, that wireless internet is not available. If it is there, then I can use my iPhone Keynote app. Sometimes they charge extra for wireless internet connectivity, believe it or not, at these conference centers for their presentation rooms. I am going to call them on Wednesday to confirm these details, but I am running out of time and want to have the USB remote as a backup, if needed.

4. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

You could also turn your MBP into a wireless access point that way the iPhone Keynote Remote app can connect to it via wifi and control your presentation. That's what I did at my university a couple of times since the wifi didn't work so well in that part of campus.