Do you people think I can get a second chance with this job?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jc0481, Oct 28, 2009.

1. jc0481 macrumors regular

I have been looking for a new job since I have been laid off two months ago. I was searching through Craigslist and found a company that I applied at February 2008. It was for a warehouse worker position for a furniture company. I interviewed with the GM and he liked me and after two days offered me the job. I gladly accepted and came in and filled out the necessary new hire paperwork.

I got in my car checked my voicemail and found out another company that offered me more money and better benefits offered me a job as well. I took that job and yes that same job that laid me off two months ago. I never gave notice to the GM that I found another job. No phone calls or emails to anyone to anyone at the company.

I checked the address on Craigslist with Google Maps and yep that's the same company. At first I was excited but then reality set in. They are holding interviews and accepting applications the next two days.

I really need a job right away so I don't feel like my wife is the only one supporting this little family of ours.

What do you guys think? Should I reapply to this same company and I think the GM will recognize me when he sees me again. Not sure what to do at this point.

I hope you guys can help me out with this. Thanks for any feedback.

2. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

3. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

Worst case scenario, you'll get a no.
    Without trying you'll get nothing as well.
    I'd say go for it, but be prepared to face questions from earlier, you really should have told them!

4. tdgrn macrumors 6502

5. jc0481 thread starter macrumors regular

Thank you Cluthz. I liked your response better than Zombie Acorn. I will give it a shot when I apply tomorrow. I will let you *people* know how it turns out. You are right I have nothing to lose right now. Worst case scenario is they say no or they never respond back to me.

6. tdgrn macrumors 6502

Robert Downey Jr. - Tropic Thunder...

7. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

OP should've responded to the original job offer and reported declining the offer based on a better offer. Always be upfront and trustworthy. Now the OP has not much to lose to interview again and possibly be rejected. Lesson learned. If I understand the story correctly.

8. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Most likely the first job won't offer again unless they can't find anyone else.

9. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

I would hire if re-interviewing but it would take some real skills from them. I would also take into account the current environment in hiring. My point is, always respectfully decline an offer rather than ignore..and as Zombie said..burn bridges.