Do you plan on upgrading come 7/11 or sticking with the 1st Gen?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by newyorksole, Jun 9, 2008.

?

Will you upgrade?

Poll closed Jun 14, 2008.
  1. Yes, gotta have 3G

    12 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Nope, like my current model

    9 vote(s)
    40.9%
  1. newyorksole macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2008
    Location:
    New York.
    #1
    Well for starters, I didn't expect Apple to release anything early, and everyone thought they didn't want to go any longer without selling the iPhone. Overall, I am happy, even though I sold my iPhone expecting to get the new one within a couple weeks. 3 and a half weeks wait isn't bad though.

    I will be upgrading come 7/11. I had a scratched up, battered, 4GB iPhone since launch day. So I consider this a major refresh for me, I'll be getting the black 16GB for a mere $300 which is great.

    Can't wait!
     
  2. diddy macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    May 13, 2003
    Location:
    Las Vegas, NV
  3. djransom macrumors 68040

    djransom

    Joined:
    May 14, 2008
    Location:
    Chi-Town
    #3
    I'm working on a deal with a cat on CL for 16GB 1st gen iPhone. If this doesn't go through then I'll upgrade on the 11th otherwise I will just wait until later on in the year to see if a 32GB drops.
     
  4. zap2 macrumors 604

    zap2

    Joined:
    Mar 8, 2005
    Location:
    Washington D.C
    #4
    16Gbs(which I'll be needs for apps!)
    3G
    GPS(will be nice)
    Better battery life(hopefully)


    For 299, I'm going for it.

    I'll pick a 16Gbs, Mobile Me and a some app...one fun July!!
     
  5. TheotherJoseph macrumors member

    Joined:
    Apr 11, 2007
    #5
    I am getting the new 3g, but will sell my 1st gen soon after... I am banking on in store activation so I can get a nice price on my 1st gen iphone ;)

    My first 1st gen has a couple minor blemishes on the brushed back and some scratches on the chrome bezel (stupid case), but is still in great condition...
     
  6. velvetelvis macrumors 6502

    velvetelvis

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2007
    #6
    i might . then jailbreak my current 16gig and sell it on ebay. that should pay for the new phone... or atleast make up some of the price.
     
  7. newyorksole thread starter macrumors 68030

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2008
    Location:
    New York.
    #7
    299 is deff a great price, even though I would like video recording and voice activated stuff
     

Share This Page