Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Are you going to switch?

• Yes

Votes: 92 24.8%
  • No, staying with iPhone

Votes: 175 47.2%
  • No, I'll go with another platform

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Considering it

Votes: 101 27.2%

• Total voters

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
Samsung lost billions in their last fiasco. Their phone is not their main product. Their main product is their foundry. So no bringing sales into this is not a deflection.
[doublepost=1495480541][/doublepost]
That phone will sell the highest on Android and it will be the only product on Android which makes money for its company and that's despite the explosion.

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it

Attachments

• apple_revenue_updated.PNG
    apple_revenue_updated.PNG
    28.3 KB · Views: 65

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
I doubt this very much because the form factor is switching to small bezels and large screens. Apple would look bad, just as Apple HAD to increase the screen size in 2014.
The SE itself has outsold the S7 in some countries. Quite literally Qpple doesn't even have to try to get that much profit. We will be on foldable displays and microLED in 3 years and the iPhone 7 with LCD will still take the most profits. The iPhone is selling itself basically.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
Maybe not for you.
But if you knew a little bit more about the real iPhone/Apple fans, and then I mean the REAL true iPhone fans, you should you know as soon as Apple comes with a rear fingerprint scan, it will be just amazing (Tim Cook's most used word in ANY Keynote).
For these people, EVERYTHING Apple comes with is just simply amazing, no question about it. Heck, they even order products they not even touched or used.

And thats just fine, Apple has these people ''by the balls'', but these same people tend to deny that ;)
A fine example is, the well known Apple eco-system, for some reason people think it is hardly impossible to leave this Apple eco system.
So because of this, at ALL TIMES its Apple who decides which smartphone/tablet/notebook a customer will buy, the iPhone/iPad/Mac user decides to give FULL controll of their wallet to a company like Apple.

The absolute power Apple has over its consumers is very underestimated (thats also why Apple has hardly any limits with the $$$ they charge for their devices)

But again,this same consumer: deny.....deny....deny....deny ;)
I hear about these 'real iPhone fans' like you describe here but never seem to bump into them on here or other sites. They are always talked about and by a lot of people, however seem rarer than rocking horse poo.

I'm not opposed to see the fingerprint reader on the back. If I can reach it easily without needing both hands then I don't care where they put it. Wireless charging is good. I can just plonk my phone on the bedside table rather than going through the effort of placing it on my joint AW and iPhone charging dock. I'll be in bed 1 second quicker so that's a bonus. Big screen, never been interested in that so they can stick that where the sun doesn't shine. OLED screen, that's great as long as it looks good on 1/5th brightness as I turn my screen right down....

I'm actually trying to think of something that I've read that I'm a little bit excited about? I'm an easy consumer really. As long as Apple don't take the p1ss with the price and don't put all the good stuff in the hideous roof tile sized version then I'm all good.

jamezr

macrumors P6
Aug 7, 2011
US
Here's a different picture. Q1 17 was a record breaker.
What is that? Do you have a source link? We were talking iphone sales :)
Here is the data straight from Apple..

iphone-sales-jpg.700626

[doublepost=1495481860][/doublepost]
I am itching to get back into Android. Whats the best way to transfer icloud photos to android?
Install Google Photos and upload them.....or download them from iCloud then upload to Google photos.

Geert76

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2014
the Netherlands
I hear about these 'real iPhone fans' like you describe here but never seem to bump into them on here or other sites.

tip!

you will find them EVERY single year here at the macrumors forums (pre-order threads) when the pre orders start for the new released iPhone. ;)
They pre order a device without even touching or using them for one single second.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
tip!

you will find them EVERY single year here at the macrumors forums (pre-order threads) when the pre orders start for the new released iPhone. ;)
They pre order a device without even touching or using them for one single second.
I buy a new iPhone without using the particular model for a single second too. I know what it's going to do so why would I waste time going to a phone shop to pretend to use one? If you preorder on the day it's released as I have done twice in the past, it's difficult and pointless waiting an extra week just to get some hand-on experience with a store display unit.

So by this admission, am I a 'real iPhone fan' foaming at the mouth, not accepting any criticism of Apple and pretending Apple invent everything? Or am I just an iPhone user that doesn't really give a toss and boringly buys what I like using every upgrade?

Geert76

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2014
the Netherlands
So by this admission, am I a 'real iPhone fan' foaming at the mouth, not accepting any criticism of Apple and pretending Apple invent everything? Or am I just an iPhone user that doesn't really give a toss and boringly buys what I like using every upgrade?

No, I am not saying you are a real iPhone fan. I was just answering your previous question where you could find the real iPhone/Apple fan.

Reactions: The-Real-Deal82

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
No, I am not saying you are a real iPhone fan. I was just answering your previous question where you could find the real iPhone/Apple fan.
The only time I've encountered an unreasonable Apple fan on here was when I asked for help in the iOS section when my iPhone 6 was stuttering after an update. I was called a liar, a troll and an Android fanboy. It blew my mind at the time as advice was the very reason I signed up to MR nearly 5 years ago.

Reactions: Geert76 and I7guy

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013

I am seeing a decline there. And by the way no matter how many pictures you want to pick and choose the one jamezr posted is a fact. Prior to 2015 ALL pictures looked good. No amount of subversion to different metrics, bringing Tim in is going to change this fact. A decline is a decline is a decline.

Last edited:
Reactions: Geert76

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
The only time I've encountered an unreasonable Apple fan on here was when I asked for help in the iOS section when my iPhone 6 was stuttering after an update. I was called a liar, a troll and an Android fanboy. It blew my mind at the time as advice was the very reason I signed up to MR nearly 5 years ago.

And yet I am called unreasonable when I say iOS upgrades slow down older iPhones which is a fact. The iPhone 6 is no where near as fast on iOS 10 as it was on iOS 8.

I buy a new iPhone without using the particular model for a single second too. I know what it's going to do so why would I waste time going to a phone shop to pretend to use one? If you preorder on the day it's released as I have done twice in the past, it's difficult and pointless waiting an extra week just to get some hand-on experience with a store display unit.

Just look in the news section when reports of iPhone OLED are posted. Burn in is thrown in along with Samsung users beta testing OLED for iPhone users. The Burn in point is laughable because no new OLED is susceptible to it. Maybe in the old days. And if people want to nitpick there is yellow tint on the iPhone LCD.

Last edited:

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
I am seeing a decline there. And by the way no matter how many pictures you want to pick and choose the one jamezr posted is a fact. Prior to 2015 ALL pictures looked good. No amount of subversion to different metrics, bringing Tim in is going to change this fact. A decline is a decline is a decline.
The fact is under cook financials of the company are in the stratosphere and no amount of spin will change that. That graph represents a straight line moving up and with 2016 being a very good year while 2015 was extraordinary. Spin doesn't change that.

Paul Dawkins

Suspended
Dec 15, 2016
Stonehenge
The fact is under cook financials of the company are in the stratosphere and no amount of spin will change that. That graph represents a straight line moving up and with 2016 being a very good year while 2015 was extraordinary. Spin doesn't change that.
Hey, logic is not allowed. Mind your manners.

Reactions: I7guy and FFR

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
You deflected to a completely different point as expected because its just not possible to get around that fact.

Reactions: Demo Kit

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
What's Tims bonus based on?

I dunno. You are the fn of Cook here and the one who brought sales and him into the thread so you seem to be concerned about it for some reason.

And since you have no counter to the sales decline( and you won't as it's a cold hard fact) and we are entering deflection city here unless you can form a counter to it, don't bother replying as this bickering will lead to both of us getting suspended as before.

Last edited:
Reactions: Geert76

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
I dunno. You are the fan of Cook here and the one who brought sales and him into the thread so you seem to be concerned about it for some reason.

And since you have no counter to the sales decline( and you won't as it's a cold hard fact) and we are entering deflection city here unless you can form a counter to it, don't bother replying as this bickering will lead to both of us getting suspended as before.
I'll give you a hint it's not based on a yoy percentage increase or decrease, which dovetails into what is an important metric and what is noise. since it's a cold hard fact the last fiscal quarter was a blockbuster.

As far as the odd topic comment on bickering if the shoe fits.

Radon87000

macrumors 604
Nov 29, 2013
I'll give you a hint it's not based on a yoy percentage increase or decrease, which dovetails into what is an important metric and what is noise. since it's a cold hard fact the last fiscal quarter was a blockbuster..

I will tell you what the street thinks about it

https://www.theverge.com/apple/2016/10/25/13407418/apple-q4-2016-earnings-report-iphone-mac-sales
http://money.cnn.com/2017/05/02/technology/apple-earnings-q2/
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/a-...line-during-the-iphone-super-cycle-2017-05-17

Now its either I believe a random user on a forum or the guy who is paid to keep the stock price high or I believe the analysts on CNBC. Such a hard decision to make

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.