Do you prefer 1password or the mobile app?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by cuzo, Jun 11, 2013.

1. cuzo macrumors 6502

For logging into sites like banking or message boards which you prefer? I just bought 1password and its great but I want to know since it has its own browser and it automatically fills in my details do I need the mobile app anymore?

Of course not every site has a mobile app.

2. nutmac macrumors 68040

For important sites that I frequent, I prefer the mobile app, even if the app is clunky. Of course, many of these sites require password, so login experience isn't quite as easy as 1Password. I would like 1Password to evolve into OAuth-like service, where mobile apps can request 1Password to return login info for easier login.

Furthermore, 1Password often doesn't do a good job resolving duplicates.

FYI, iOS 7 added iCloud Syncing, which works well when it does work. But IMO, Safari doesn't do a good enough job detecting login form, often failing me to prompt to save the user ID and password.

3. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Depends on the sites and apps in question. Generally the app but I don't use 1Password's browser.

Your call to make. Use both options and select what suits you best. Unless you're critically low on space you don't have to use one or the other. 1Password will be more convenient if you're actually using very strong passwords.

4. Bear macrumors G3

It depends on the mobile app. Some have more functionality than the website, some have limited functionality.

For example, you may need a bank's app to be able to deposit checks.