Do you prefer stylish or plain cases?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tymaster50, Oct 20, 2012.

1. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

I can't have a plain case, to me it degrades the look of the phone and makes it look worse. If it doesn't show the apple sign on the back then it at least has to be pretty darn good looking to make me cover up the natural beauty of the 5. I would much rather have a bumper.

2. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

Funny, cuz I think the hole in the back cases are the ugliest cases there are. It's like wearing a coat with a hole in the chest so people can see the logo on your shirt. Tacky.

3. tymaster50 thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

I didn't say anything about holes I'm just saying I prefer seeing an apple sign than just an all black case. Like this red and black case I picked up from the mall for my 4, Covered the sides and back, the back was red with a black slash and had the chrome apple and all the iPhone text that is on the back of the iPhone, protective AND stylish.

4. GeeSixx macrumors regular

GeeSixx

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, right? In my opinion, plain (minimalistic) cases are a bit stylish.

5. tymaster50 thread starter macrumors 68030

tymaster50

haha true, I would just feel cheap for getting your average joe plain red case

6. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

In my opinion you can never go wrong with classy cases. The iPhone is already sexy so you want to keep it that way.

7. darster Suspended

8. dbo43867 macrumors member

I agree with you OP. A bumper or something with a clear/matte clear back are my preferred choices. I suppose a case could be made that looked as good or better than the phone itself, at which point it'd be okay to cover the back, etc. but I haven't seen any such case, ever.

I find my SGP Ultra Thin Air in white makes my phone look drab and boring, like something that Samsung, LG, or HTC could have made.

9. Giuly macrumors 68040

Giuly

If you want to see most of the phone, use a bumper. If you want to see all of the phone, use a transparent full body protection kit. No? :rolleyes:

10. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

My case is solid matte black. It looks sharp and stylish in my opinion.

That Hello Kitty iPhone case with the ears sticking out that makes your phone 30% bigger might be stylish to some. On the other hand it makes me think about how far I could throw it, and the fact that it'd probably survive because of all that extra plastic around the phone. ;)

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. We all like different things, and that makes life awesome!

11. Nhwhazup macrumors 68000

Nhwhazup

My preference is for a minimalist plain white well made case that fits as if its one with the phone. It also has to play nicely with my screen protector. I had such a plain Jane Case Crown Glider case for my 4S. Not so this time around. All the plain sliders or gliders go up over the top and affect the screen protector. So I've tried a number of white plain cases and found the Noot to be best totally plain case for me. I just don't how well it will hold up long term and also the white color is a bluer or cooler tint white than the iPhone white.

Now during my search, I ordered the Tones case from Switcheasy and liked it so well that I ordered two more in colors.

So my number one preference is for a plain, well made case but the Tones cases are also a bit more stylish and they are my current favorites.