Do you put your music on your iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by shortman, Mar 25, 2011.

1. shortman macrumors member

Title^^^^^^

I don't think I am going to because I don't really see myself holding onto my iPad while sitting on the train listening to music. Thoughts?

2. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

I listened a lot on my flights too and from London

3. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I keep a few playlists but I have an iPhone and an iPod. Never listened to music through it yet.

4. dstar macrumors regular

None on mine. Music and podcasts stay on my phone.

Anything that isn't visual I guess won't be on my iPad.

5. Merthyrboy macrumors 6502

I used to until I had a lot of apps that took up the space which was a bit annoying but now with homesharing it kinda solves the problem since I normally use an iPod when I'm out.

6. 184550 Guest

Nope, none at all.

Sometimes I throw a movie or two on to watch. Otherwise my iPad solely used for email, browsing the internet and reading the news.

7. Jinkst macrumors 6502

Did on my first gen but that was 64GB. I found I was putting music on there just for the hell of it. Got a 16GB this time so I'll only put the essentials on here now as Home Sharing is built in, plus I have an iPod/iPhone for music when commuting or going on holidays.

8. cmvsm macrumors 6502a

cmvsm

If you are playing a game that allows your own music, which most do, its nice to have your playlists with you. I also enjoy looking up info on my music from time to time as well as the album artwork. It's kind of the entire experience of having your library with you at all times.

9. Ladybug macrumors 65816

Ladybug

I have a very short list of some of my favorite songs. Perhaps 30 songs at most, on my iPad... just in case. The rest are kept on my iPod.

10. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

A few playlists. Will listen to music while checking email and web browsing.

11. nixiemaiden macrumors 6502a

I have a few songs on mine because I am going to give my mom my iPod so we can FaceTime. 90% of the time I use pandora but the music is just in case I don't have wifi or my cellphone signal or pandora doesn't work for some reason.

12. zweigand macrumors 6502a

zweigand

No music on my iPad. I do have Pandora though if I get desperate.

Also, now that Apple has brought home sharing to the iPad I have removed all of my movies as well.

13. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

I do. I find it baffling that some people don't use their iPod app on their iPhones and iPads.

14. kvizzel macrumors 6502a

I have 3G so been using Pandora so far.

When I have time I'll make playlists and throw them on, but atm I have too many songs and no time!

15. leenak macrumors 68020

I did but I don't have an iPhone and I gave my iPod to my husband. I listened to some podcasts on the plane recently.

16. laurenr macrumors 6502a

I don't have music stored on my iPad, but I can access it remotely with the Zumocast app, which even shows my playlists. Unfortunately, this fabulous app is no longer available in the App Store. For some reason, Apple made them take it down a couple of months ago. It still works though, even after my 4.3.1 update.

At home I use Home Sharing off of Hubby's ipod.

17. Byrd12 macrumors newbie

I def do. Almost 16 GB worth. I bought a 64 so I have plenty of space.

18. Bad.Hat.Harry macrumors newbie

Bad.Hat.Harry

I keep a playlist of reading music loaded but that's all.

19. ghostlyorb macrumors 6502a

ghostlyorb

I got the 32GB just so I had enough room for my music.. along with other apps/videos and stuff. I still have 17GBs left.. but oh well.

20. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I have my entire music collection on my iPad. Sound quality when listening to music through headphones or bluetooth speakers is better on my iPad than on my iPod touch. I use the touch to listen to music when out and about, but iPad when I'm home.

21. kepner macrumors 6502

22. Blakjack macrumors 68000

Blakjack

None on mine. I thought I was alone in this category. I used to have a lot but I never listened to it. Accidentally erased all of them one day and never bothered to put anymore songs on again. With pandora and Vevo, I just don't really care.

23. btbrossard macrumors 6502a

My iPad generally lives at home, so now that home sharing is an option, I use that for music and videos.

For music out and about, I use my iPod.

24. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

My music is on mine. To be honest though, I have only listened to music on my iPad a few times in the past year. I usually use my iPhone or my old iPod Video for music.

25. eye macrumors 6502a

eye

I have some on there, but I only really use it on trips. In hotels, or on planes. Instead of fiddling with my iPhone I already have my iPad handy for games or the web so I just jam out while I'm using it for other things.