Do you really Suggest Windows 7 over xp for boot camp?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Deuxmasta, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Deuxmasta macrumors newbie

hey guess i'm a little new with bootcamp but i been doing some research and like everyone else i'm trying to get boot camp set up. i'm in a cross between windows 7 RC and xp. i read into windows 7 and became a little skeptical because the site stated they couldn't fix bugs or other trouble shooting issues. Also around March they windows 7 would start to shut down and i'm thinking i would have to do the whole boot camp over, not to mention losing files i installed.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windows-7/get/download.aspx

Many people state that windows 7 works really well and i just wanted a confirmation from you that are experiencing it now. thanks.

2. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

Yeah it works fine. I refuse to use XP because it looks exactly like it did in 2001 when it came out.

3. Zerozal macrumors 6502

Yep, Windows 7 is nice--MUCH better than XP. Just realize that like you said, it will shut down every 2 hours beginning in March 2010, and become unusable in (I think) June 2010. You'll have to re-install something else when that happens, but until then, Windows 7 is a very nice alternate system.

4. JefferyShin macrumors regular

JefferyShin

Yeah, I'm running Windows 7 on BC with my MB.

Its pretty flawless overall, but a few drivers don't work with 7...such as my multitouch trackpad. Other than that, everythings great.

5. doox00 macrumors regular

can you run 64bit of vista or windows 7 through bootcamp btw?

6. -tWv- macrumors 68000

-tWv-

Yes, you can. I run 32bit just because I don't need the 64 bit but yes you can install 64bit Windows with bootcamp.

7. doox00 macrumors regular

thank you, think I am gunna try that now on my hackintosh.