Do you realy need a screen protector???

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by IMCAMOD98X, Jan 23, 2008.

1. IMCAMOD98X macrumors newbie

I had a screen protector on my touch when I bought the griffen case but decided to take it off and clean it BAD IDEA it got dirt and dust on the static side when I took it off, so I bought another static screan protector from I belive Bekin and it only goes over the screen part that lights up. But anyways I keep my touch in my pants pocket all the time do you really need a screen protector or not? How hard is it to get a scratch on your touch screen. THANKS

2. SirithX macrumors 6502

SirithX

I have a corduroy case for it that I slip it in to protect it, but when I take it out to use it I don't have any kind of protector on it. I've even dropped it on a concrete sidewalk (luckily on it's side) and it bounced and rolled on the sidewalk, denting the side up quite a bit, but the screen itself is still scratch-less, despite that and many other miscellaneous beatings it takes now and then.

3. 619 macrumors member

I think its a must to have a screen protector and at least a cheap case.

4. ntrigue macrumors 68040

ntrigue

Gelaskins on the rear and Power Support on the front. Flawless 220 days later!

5. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

I still have my 5G 30GB classic, so I've been using the black "sleeve" (don't know what the correct term is, my bad) that came with that for my Touch, and only recently got a static screen protector (just in case, even though it'll be very hard to scratch the glass screen anyway). I've dropped mine a few times, concrete floors, onto a metal chair leg, the other day I accidentally left the earbuds hanging over the side of my desk and when I got up I tripped :)P) and the Touch went flying across the room and hit my bedside table...luckily it's only made some very small scratches on the back plate, none on the screen at all.

6. Heather1 macrumors regular

Heather1

is the screen protector sticky ?!! I'd hate it so much if i ever have to take it off, it'd leave the sticky part on the screen.

7. IMCAMOD98X thread starter macrumors newbie

I got the griffin case, and the screen protector I have now only clings to the part of the screen that lights up. Now with the case covering 3/4 of the rest do you think it will be ok orthe part of the screen that is not protected that the case covers will scratch from the case or no?

8. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

Havent used a screen protector and my screen still looks as good as new. I keep it in my pocket with just the griffin iclear case and when its in my backpack, i have an ipod sock to protect the screen.

9. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

No, it's the same as the protectors that are on the screens of iPods and cellphones when you first take them out of their packaging, it just peels off and you can never tell it was there.

10. dagored macrumors 65816

11. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I have a Belkin protector over the screen, and a Griffin IClear. I keep my Touch in my pocket as well, and I feel good about having it protected as much as possible.

12. IMCAMOD98X thread starter macrumors newbie

stockcerts,
    u must have the same protector that I have the belkin one where it doesn't lay over the hole front part of the touch just the lighted screen part? Mine seems ok but before I put it on I got a a piece of hair on it and I tried getting it of and I got a little smudge on it right in the middle of the screen.