Do you reckon i could get this repaired?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by muldul, Jul 20, 2008.

1. muldul macrumors 6502

I got my macbook on wednesday, and i have noticed three defects. The first i noticed was that the case lid was 4 mm off, i thought since it was a minor cosmetic problem they wouldn't fix it for free. Then i noticed one dead pixel, and only one. again not bad enough to warrant them fixing it. But today i found a bigger problem. The plastic around the screen has started to peel off of the screen. It is very noticeable. Will they replace my model or repair it for free if i take it to apple?

Attached Files:

2. Clayne macrumors 6502

I'm pretty sure there's a 14-day no questions asked return policy, that you qualify for.

Even if they do ask questions, though, I think you have good reason.

But is the plastic supposed to stay there, or is it the plastic covers they put on new cell phone screens and stuff?

edit: I didn't pay attention to the photo. Yes, take it back and ask for a replacement.

3. iToaster macrumors 68000

iToaster

I think that overall you've got enough problems with your MacBook to warrant an exchange.

4. muldul thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, i live in the UK though and so i don't know if the 14 day rule applies here

5. Neil321 macrumors 68040

Neil321

Yes it applies to the UK

6. muldul thread starter macrumors 6502

Just found a new problem, the hard drive is making a loud popping sound. What is that? Isn't that the sound of it dying?