Do you recognize this MacBook case?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by roisin and mac, Aug 16, 2008.

1. roisin and mac macrumors 6502

Hi guys, the other day I was bored and browsing through that endlessly fascinating Flickr group called What's In Your Bag, when I noticed this person's bag, which contains a macbook in a slightly pinky-looking case. It looks as though it's a semi-rigid case, and I was just thinking I could use one of those as a step up from my current Crumpler Gimp sleeve, which is a bit on the thin side--and this one looks pretty neat.

I tried Flickrmailing :rolleyes: her, but she hasn't gotten back to me so far (been just over three days, so I'm not too hopeful any more). I thought I'd try here, so here's the link for it: http://www.flickr.com/photos/craftybohemian/2640812899/ Could you please have a look and see if it rings any bells?

Thanks!!

rois :apple:

2. bussbran macrumors newbie

This case is a neoprene sleeve for a Macbook made by Incase.

3. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

Pretty sure its an incase sleeve, as seen here. link

However they don't offer it in that hue it looks like, or it was faded.

But the outside and all looks like an incase sleeve.

4. roisin and mac thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey guys, thanks for being so quick to recognise this! you rawk :)

So, your plain ole' neoprene sleeve, huh? Well, that's a bit of a disappointment I must say :p It looked so much more solid in the picture, well I guess that explains why she didn't reply, she must have wondered what I was on about asking questions about some bog-standard neoprene sleeve! lol.

ah well, if you know any semi-rigid cases I'd love to get some suggestions. So far I know of the Hard Suit by Crumpler (the North American equivalent is the School Hymn) which is a big monster the size of a 17-inch laptop, as well as the Moshi Codex, the Booq Vyper, and the iSkin Soho, none of which I've seen in person, just online (eBay and makers' websites). Apart from the Moshi, all the others do look a bit grim and serious. I'm not one of those gals who has to have it all in shades of pink, but black black black all the time looks a bit too executivey for someone like me.

5. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

The booq vyper is devine. Yeah, it's a bit city-suit but you can always glue things to the outside to make it less, er, you know.

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If you look at the zipper tag, it's got the inCase leaf on it ;)

7. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Xander562

I have one of these incase sleeves and I like it a lot. The interior is nice a soft and if feels substantial enough to protect.

8. roisin and mac thread starter macrumors 6502

Heh, that made me larf--'city-suit', exactly! I s'pose I could always add a few band patches, that would make it more my sort of thing--it looks too rigid for buttons but patches should be doable, if I glue them on?

Ah, but you have to know what the incase leaf looks like, which I didn't! Now I do though ;)

Hmm, it does? Well, I might not leave this one aside just yet then. To be honest, I'm finding myself surprisingly very willing to buy a selection of sleeves and cases for this computer, for various occasions; I figure, I own a variety of jackets and coats, so it makes sense to have a selection for the computer right?

Does anyone else do that or am I just weird (again, lol)?

9. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Thank god I'm not the only one who does that. :p

You might be able to get a needle into the fabric that covers the rigid part of the booq. Hot glue is always handy in these situations, too. Or go the punk route and use safety pins.

10. roisin and mac thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, that's a relief, huh? Let's hope some others crawl out of the woodwork now eh?

I was just rationalising that I could get the moshi codex in white or something for carrying the 'puter alone or inside a city bag, then also the booq which is totally badass to put in my carry-on and those kinds of situations. That leaves the iSkin soho, though, which I didn't like so much at first, but now I've looked at it on the website it's not so bad.

Ah, decisions, decisions :p

11. carve macrumors 6502a

carve

Yup, that's the incase case. I have the same once, except mine's green. I like it!