Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dsh3

macrumors 6502a
Apr 30, 2012
Denmark
I really like my Sport Watch. I have 9 bands for it, both sport bands, leather, milanese and stainless steel, and I use it just as much as an accessory as an actual watch.

I mostly just use it for the notifications and for pulse monitoring when excercising, I haven't really gotten in to using that many third party apps.

Not usre if it is regret but I no longer wear it. Just did not meet my expectations. I also like getting my notifications on my phone and not only on my watch.

Well, what did you expect from it when you bought it then?

Reactions: 3568358

Rhinoevans

macrumors 6502
Oct 5, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Love my apple watch. I use it for everything, mainly texting and running. Sure some fanatics will say its not that accurate, which could be true but good enough for me (4 miles a day). It also keeps me from having to use my iPhone for simple task through out the day. I WILL purchase the new one also and pass this to the kids. I do not regret one bit. Wife has one also, and she loves it, especially since Minnie and she talks (Beta 3.0).

entropi

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2008
I like it. I can't really decide if I will buy another one in the future. I love the f e e l of it - it's the nicest and most discrete watch I ever have bought. I would love to have strong but yet ultrasoft fabric band to it (flexible, like the old Swatch POP).

Having one more thing to constantly charge each night is a bit annoying. I could live with less features and a week's full of batterylife, I guess.

BarracksSi

Suspended
Jul 14, 2015
My only regret is that I hardly wear my other watches anymore.

But, the regret is tempered by knowing I didn't actually buy the watches myself. They're pretty much all gifts, one way or another. ;-p

Reactions: 3568358

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Jun 8, 2009
socal
Nope... I love my watches! Yep... plural! I loved mine so much I bought a second one in pink!

Reactions: Thai

Suspended
Sep 22, 2007
Rarely wear it. Watch has become a workout device only. Just too slow, even my workout app is an annoying, horrible slug that takes too long to update. Next watch must allow for full app to load or there is no reason to own one.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Title says it all?
Do you regret your Apple watch? Yes/No - why? Explain please

I've had my Apple watch since April 24, 2015 (first pre order ship date) and have not gone a day without wearing it. Here are the reasons why I don't regret buying it:

• At a glance my Apple watch provides a lot more information than my mechanical watch. I've become dependent on the calendar complication which tells me what calls/meetings I have through out the day.
  • I've become more conscious about my activity levels (walking, standing, exercise)
  • I reach into my pocket less often to check to see if I missed anything (average person checks their phone every 2-5 minutes)
  • I appreciate the notifications which not only keeps my phone quiet and eliminates the need to put it on mute/silent while at work but I can also quickly glance at the notification.

What would I do differently? I would have bought the Space gray sport model instead of the Stainless steel one just for the fact that I keep my watch in a Spigen Tough armor case which gives it a G-shock look.

Group_applewatch_TA.jpg

JacksonCraig94

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2015
Derbyshire, UK
I love my Apple Watch. I wear it everyday. I only have a few apps for notifications because most notifications are pointless. (Example: Facebook messenger doesn't show the message received on the watch face) I also love using Apple Pay on my watch as it's quicker than getting my phone out. I'm planing on getting the new Apple Watch 2 when it comes out.

BarracksSi

Suspended
Jul 14, 2015
Rarely wear it. Watch has become a workout device only. Just too slow, even my workout app is an annoying, horrible slug that takes too long to update. Next watch must allow for full app to load or there is no reason to own one.
Let us know if you feel the same after watchOS 3 hits public release.

Uofmtiger

macrumors 68020
Dec 11, 2010
Memphis
No regrets, but mine was given to me as a gift. It has exceeded my expectations and I was a skeptic that had not intent on buying it.

I wear it everyday and getting notifications on the wrist, controlling music from the wrist, seeing weather, setting reminders, seeing my calendar, using Siri for controlling lights around the house, getting delivery reminders, knowing when someone is in my yard or at my door immediately, adding stuff to the grocery list, using it to remotely start video or snapping photos on my iPhone's camera, seeing who is calling me when I am not near my phone (also nice for short calls), seeing texts... Oh, and telling time without getting out or always carrying around my phone.

I am looking forward to OS3.

sean000

macrumors 68000
Jul 16, 2015
Bellingham, WA
I don't regret buying it, and I don't regret being a relatively early adopter. Since I bought mine in July of 2015, I'm not the earliest of adopters, but I did buy one before the release of Watch OS2 and the ability to run apps natively. Even thought Watch OS1 was slower and more frustrating at times, the conveniences still outweighed the frustrations for me... by far.

I have carried some form of Palmpilot, Blackberry, Windows CE device, or iPhone since the late 1990's. I always loved the convenience of having so much information in my pocket or bag, and it's even more convenient to have it on my wrist. My iPhone stays in my bag or backpack a lot more (or on the speaker/charger dock). Overall the watch has improved the way I use my iPhone (I never miss important notifications anymore), and it is a more discreet gadget since it can be totally silent and interactions are brief.

Sean

Reactions: JacksonCraig94

dave2010

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2014
Canberra
Regret it, sold it for 50% of the cost though.
The problem is the HRM drops too often, which I find annoying rather than helpful when exercising.
The app for looking at fitness and health on the iPhone isn't that useful.
Notifications annoyed me too; the way they'd go to the phone sometimes and watch other times.

mitchsaunders

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
No regrets at all here!
Use mine everyday and everyone still wants to touch the screen because of its good looks. WatchOS 3 has really stepped up the overall UI of the Watch, really love Scribble and the Dock.

Most likely I'll get the AW2 when it's released, if there's enough good stuff for me to consider the upgrade. Resale on eBay for my version doesn't look too bad, but will see once the AW2 gets announced (apparently... in a few days)

Reactions: JacksonCraig94

KrisLord

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2008
Northumberland, UK
No regrets here, I've worn mine daily since I got it last September.

I've sold my sport this week to maximise resale value and will buy the AW2 when it goes on pre-order.

I'm already finding it odd not wearing a watch, despite not having worn one for 16 years prior to buying my AW1.

bulldoze

macrumors regular
Mar 15, 2011
I don't wear mine anymore. I keep meaning to put it on eBay put never get round to it. I guess it is too late now as the value will drop too much after next week.

- Heart rate monitoring is so ludicrously bad that its a waste of time.
- It is easier to pull my phone out of my pocket than to fiddle with a watch if I know there is a good chance I need to reply to a message.
- Apple Pay is easier to use from the phone than the watch on most occasions.

To mind it was good for 2 things. telling the time and notifications when I am at home and my phone is on charge.

lah

macrumors 6502
Mar 22, 2010
I love mine and still wear it almost every day. I'm glad I got the stainless steel (more versatile), I think I would have regretted the Sport. I do wear one of my mechanical watches every now and then, but when I do I start pining for my Apple Watch. I find the watch useful for notifications, exercising and also when I travel - just easy to get off the plane and have the time adjust immediately. And while most people complain about the stand reminder, I love it - helps me out at work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.