Do you remember?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by james948, Apr 26, 2014.

1. james948 macrumors 6502

Before the iPhone was released, in the months leading up to the announcement, there was a competition on some site running as to what it would look like. There were loads of entries. I remember checking back afterwards and one got it almost right.

I'm just wondering whether anyone remembers the name of the website or has the URL. It might be still up or cached or something and I'd like to see it.

2. Cell-666 macrumors 6502

I'd like to see that too. Only the other day I was looking through the forums really old posts about the iPhone. Makes you laugh at what people said at the time, and how massively wrong people were.

3. james948 thread starter macrumors 6502

4. carjakester macrumors 68020

carjakester

it would be cool to see apple hold a competition like that, would pretty much feed them ideas for free.

5. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    I don't remember that, specifically, but I do remember all the hype around the iPhone -- the "Jesus" Phone, etc. In January 2007 I had watched and listened to the keynote speech in which Steve first showed us some things about the iPhone. At the time, it didn't quite register with me just what the potential of this thing could be. I said, "i've got a cell phone that I hardly use now, why would I want one of those things?" Eh...As it happened, a couple of days before the iPhone was to be released I finally realized just WHY I might want "one of those things" and, son-of-a-gun, on Launch Day I found myself in line at a local mall which had an Apple store just so I could buy "one of those things." It's years later and I've never regretted that first leap of faith and even as I'm rocking my iPhone 5S am looking forward to what Apple brings us next!

6. cynics macrumors G3

Like how many people claimed the iPhone 5 would not be called the 5 because it was the 6th iPhone and it's shipping with iOS 6 and other various reasons. I nailed that one. However I was reluctant to believe the 5S would have a fingerprint scanner right up until the end. Lol