Do you scrapbook with your MAC?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nornito, Apr 15, 2008.

1. nornito macrumors newbie

Hi everyone!
    I am new to this board and new to Mac as well.

I am a scrapbooker and I am looking into downloading the SCAL (sure cuts a lot) program to use with my Cricut and MAC.

I was wondering if any of you have tried this, advise against this......etc.

I am guessing that this question is a shot in the dark, but since I have gotten some great info just from reading here, I thought I would try.:rolleyes:

If you read this and have no help, I thank you for all the past advise I have gotten here!

thanks
    norine

2. Mac GT macrumors newbie

Haven't heard of that program

I have a mac, cricut & scrap but have not heard of that program. I googled it to no success. Can you provide a link or more description of it?:)

3. nornito thread starter macrumors newbie

http://www.craftedge.com/products/

There is the link. I guess it would have helped if I called it the right thing!:confused:

SCAL stands for Sure Cuts a Lot. You can download it from the place I linked to.

You need to make sure your Cricut has the right firmware. It depends on which one you have the original one or the ginormous one.

Anyway, you update your cricut (must use a pc to do this).

Then download the SCAL to your mac and you can cut any TTF!

If you want more info (specifics) we can e-mail. Can we do that through this board?

4. Mac GT macrumors newbie

Trial Version

I have not used this, however with the free trial they offer ( http://www.craftedge.com/download/download.html ) - I think I will shortly. I have a Mac & several PC's so if I have time I will try them on both. I will post my findings here. Let me know what happens if you try it also. Even if it works only half as well as they say, that is significantly less money than multiple cartridges!!! Thanks for the tip! :D