Do you sign into websites with your Facebook or Google accounts?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by DramaLLama, Nov 6, 2013.

1. DramaLLama macrumors 6502

Or do you just disregard linking an account for that specific website? I'm wary of linking my Facebook or Google accounts to some websites (that don't allow account creation other than linking social media accounts) but I'm not sure if I need to be wary... I'm aware I can set my privacy settings.. but still...
    What do you do?

2. Astroboy907, Nov 6, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2013

Astroboy907 macrumors 65816

Astroboy907

My opinion- don't do it. I've created my fair share of accounts that linked to my Facebook and have somewhat regretted it. Spotify is one example- I'm not a fan of explicit music, but I do have a few stations that bring up explicit songs often enough (and I suspect it's just the genre/type of music I set it to, even though I based it off of non-explicit music) that I really don't want to show up on my Facebook account lest someone get the wrong idea. I also had a 500px account that I regret linking to it, simply because personally I want to try to keep things separate... But it really depends on what you want I guess.

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I don't, google I might consider it, but Facebook definitely not as I don't want it broadcasting everything I do to the world.

4. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

Nope, and I won't sign up to a website that forces to me to use them either.

5. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Nope never had never will. Don't want facebook to know everything.... or more than it does.

6. ravenvii macrumors 604

ravenvii

Don't even have a Facebook account. :)

Do have a Google account though, but never used it to sign in on non-Google sites.

7. Jimbo47 macrumors 6502a

I do. I usually change the default settings though so it can't access anything or post to my wall or anything like that.

8. smithrh macrumors 68020

smithrh

Deleted my Facebook account some 6-8 months ago after they partnered with Axciom.

I have several Google accounts - one main one and a few throwaways used for various purposes. Never made a Google + account purposefully.

Never ever would I log into a website with any of those accounts.

9. DannyDrama macrumors regular

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Neither will I. I don't have a Facebook account, but I won't use my Google account either.

11. Gregg2 macrumors 603

I don't have a Facebook or Google account. Problem never arises.

And twitter is what teen aged girls do when the jocks are around.

12. Mousse macrumors 68000

Mousse

I never liked facebook, but last year NFL.com changed it forum and you HAD to have a FB account to write a comment. Well hail, I couldn't deprived the football community of my ignorance so I cave and signed up. I only use it for commenting on NFL.com. I even signed up with a joke name and false birthday. Muhahahahaa.:D Sticking it to the Man, man.

13. unplugme71 macrumors 68030

I never link my facebook or use it to sign up with anything. I rather use my spam gmail account if I have to choose.

14. kazmac macrumors 601

kazmac

this

I can live without access to a website which forces me to use either of these.

15. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac