Do you skin your Iphone or case it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eclipse01, Oct 21, 2011.

1. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

I usually skin my devices but givin the whole thing is made out of glass, i'm not sure I want to with this device.

2. ap3604 macrumors 68000

I use a very nice looking, minimalistic, white tpu bumper I bought off of eBay for $7...

... BUT...

... I put a tiny amount of scotch tape on the antenna so that I wouldn't have the bumper scratch problem that most people had with their 4 ;)

3. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Case 24/7 for this iPhone 4S. Unlike the original iPhone, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, I've gone with a case for the iPhone 4/4S, since I didn't really like skins for them...:cool:

Nice Belkin Leather case is doing the trick...

4. MarcBook macrumors 6502a

MarcBook

I have a protector on the front and back (skins, if you like). I also have a case, but I usually only use it for nights out that involve drinking. I don't trust Drunk Marc with my iPhone. :p

5. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

6. tonyy macrumors 6502a

tonyy

Naked with front and back Power Support crystal film + LuckyLabs Spectra wrap in matte black for me. Oh and AppleCare+

7. furam90 macrumors regular

Naked. The best thing about the iPhone is how it looks and feels. Why would I want to put a case on it and make it look like some sort of android disaster?

8. HazyCloud macrumors 68030

HazyCloud

Stop reading my mind. This is the exact reason mine's naked. It just feels so damn good with nothing on it.

(I do have insurance that will replace it if I drop it, which I did twice with my 4.)

9. k3roro macrumors 6502

Clarivue skin on the front and back without a case.

Only reason I had to use a case on the 4 was due to antennagate. Enjoying the case-less-ness.

10. 7timethecrystal macrumors regular

7timethecrystal

I love the Speck Candyshell cases. I have one on my work 3GS and now in my iPhone 4S.

11. CH34P3T macrumors regular

Good idea. I've never thought about that. The bumpers scratched the HELL out of my iPhone 4 antenna band.

12. bjb.butler macrumors 6502a

bjb.butler

Last time I checked, the best thing about the iPhone was its usability, not how it looks.

13. furam90 macrumors regular

It's both. I mean, it is still one of thinnest if not the thinnest phones out there, and it's made of glass which feels great in the hand.

Whenever I see someone put a gaudy case over it thereby making it a bulky mess, it just disappoints me. It's kind of like people who put plastic over their couches? Why protect it if you're never going to see or handle the real thing?

14. Kentochan macrumors 6502

Kentochan

I have a Skinomi skin plus a $2 *fake* lime green bumper. Protects it from scratches and minor drops while keeping that iPhone-is-sexy look! All for less than $10 shipped :D

15. pittpanthersfan macrumors 6502

pittpanthersfan

I've got a SkinIt skin on only the back of my black 64GB 4S. Ultra-thin, non-cumbersome, won't lose it on a table of other iPhones.

Attached Files:

16. jvmxtra macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

I agree w/ others regarding why put something on? Me? I do both sorta... I put wrapsol (15 bucks at walmart) and protects all area and still look like it has no cover on whatsoever.. People are all very very impressed.

[​IMG]

17. whiskeyvol macrumors regular

powersupportusa & incipio NGP are good friends for my phone