Do you sometimes feel like a second-class citizen using an iPod Touch vs. an iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by stagmeister, Jul 30, 2010.

1. stagmeister macrumors regular

I sometimes feel this way. My fiancee has an iphone, and I have an ipod touch. There are just so many apps which are completely useless without a constant internet connection. Do you feel like we ipod touch users sometimes get the short end of the stick when it comes to the iPhone ecosystem? Like people really only think about iPhone users when it comes to iPhone+iPod Touch?

2. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Uhhhh... More or less. I guess they get more apps, but they also have to either pay $600+ or $99+ with a two year contract.

3. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

Mos def....now with iPad......the ipt is a 3rd class citizen....

I feel the iPhone is more general audience

The iPad is much more younger adult and older adult orientated

The iPod touch is much kid like orientated... And music lovers

4. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

Not at all. AT&T gets absolutely no service of any kind at my house.

5. Biker macrumors regular

6. tonywang.xmpt macrumors member

It's pretty much the same when there's wifi.
    Everyone has different needs.
    Some people do not require an iPhone
    who pay tons of money each month/year for it
    yet want the function of an iPhone.

I like the iTouch.
    Jailbreaking it gives it more option

7. iMac0765 macrumors regular

I beg to differ...

iPhone is older teens/adults. Older teens who have jobs can pay for it and so can adults. Most parents won't pay for a $50+ monthly plan.

iPod touch is pre-teens and teens. The base model's price is affordable to most parents and can easily please thier teens with music, movies, games and more.

iPad is more older adult and younger children. The big interface makes it easy for the elderly and young to work with and most pre school games and much better on a 9" screen compared to a 3" screen.

Saying the iPod touch is for children is like saying "Steve Jobs uses Windows"

On the second class topic, yes iPod touch users are not treated equally. Until recently, iOS updates (major ones) costs ten dollars for iOS 2 and 3, five for iOS 3.1.X

The thing is, if you are in the US, AT&T's 3G is so scattered, Wi-Fi would be better. In Canada, Rogers' and Bell's 3G network are like Wi-Fi on the go (not to brag).

8. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Maybe for younger children but i doubt many younger children have interacted with an iPad.

9. iMac0765 macrumors regular

Have you seen the launch date photos?

Tech savvy parents would probably buy an iPad, and load it with some pre-school apps for their kids if they aren't playing it...

10. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Really? Not even i have seen an iPad in person... I dont think i would trust anybody under 10 with my iPad if i had one.... maybe if they were under my supervision.

11. iMac0765 macrumors regular

CNET's Molly Wood let her son play with her iPad... but that was under supervision...

Well, aren't all kids stuff designed BIGGER so it's less likely to fall... :confused:

12. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Uhhmmmm.... Compared to?

13. saxon48 macrumors 6502a

saxon48

Makes me feel like I'm in a veritable third world of technology in comparison to the iPhone and iPad. :(

14. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

For me: more or less.

15. iMac0765 macrumors regular

At least Steve Jobs cares about us! It's so sad to see him focus on iOS related things and just blow off the Mac product lines. Sure, they just got updated but Where in the world is Mac OS X 10.7? Don't even get me started on the MacBook Air and Macbook... It should be released by now!

16. ohaithar macrumors 6502a

ohaithar

Is it really that bad? A touch is an iPhone w/o the phone....

17. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Technically yes. But the phone has a mic and 3G, and therefore you cant download those apps that need those.

18. swopes macrumors member

Just felt disappointed when I saw some interesting apps need mic and camera...:p