Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stagmeister

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 17, 2004
I sometimes feel this way. My fiancee has an iphone, and I have an ipod touch. There are just so many apps which are completely useless without a constant internet connection. Do you feel like we ipod touch users sometimes get the short end of the stick when it comes to the iPhone ecosystem? Like people really only think about iPhone users when it comes to iPhone+iPod Touch?

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010
I sometimes feel this way. My fiancee has an iphone, and I have an ipod touch. There are just so many apps which are completely useless without a constant internet connection. Do you feel like we ipod touch users sometimes get the short end of the stick when it comes to the iPhone ecosystem? Like people really only think about iPhone users when it comes to iPhone+iPod Touch?
Uhhhh... More or less. I guess they get more apps, but they also have to either pay $600+ or $99+ with a two year contract.

leomac08

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Mos def....now with iPad......the ipt is a 3rd class citizen....

I feel the iPhone is more general audience

The iPad is much more younger adult and older adult orientated

The iPod touch is much kid like orientated... And music lovers

tonywang.xmpt

macrumors member
Jul 26, 2010
US
It's pretty much the same when there's wifi.
Everyone has different needs.
Some people do not require an iPhone
who pay tons of money each month/year for it
yet want the function of an iPhone.

I like the iTouch.
Jailbreaking it gives it more option

iMac0765

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2010
I feel the iPhone is more general audience

The iPad is much more younger adult and older adult orientated

The iPod touch is much kid like orientated... And music lovers

I beg to differ...

iPhone is older teens/adults. Older teens who have jobs can pay for it and so can adults. Most parents won't pay for a $50+ monthly plan.

iPod touch is pre-teens and teens. The base model's price is affordable to most parents and can easily please thier teens with music, movies, games and more.

iPad is more older adult and younger children. The big interface makes it easy for the elderly and young to work with and most pre school games and much better on a 9" screen compared to a 3" screen.

Saying the iPod touch is for children is like saying "Steve Jobs uses Windows"

On the second class topic, yes iPod touch users are not treated equally. Until recently, iOS updates (major ones) costs ten dollars for iOS 2 and 3, five for iOS 3.1.X

The thing is, if you are in the US, AT&T's 3G is so scattered, Wi-Fi would be better. In Canada, Rogers' and Bell's 3G network are like Wi-Fi on the go (not to brag).

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010
iPad is more older adult and younger children. The big interface makes it easy for the elderly and young to work with and most pre school games and much better on a 9" screen compared to a 3" screen.
Maybe for younger children but i doubt many younger children have interacted with an iPad.

iMac0765

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2010
Have you seen the launch date photos?

Tech savvy parents would probably buy an iPad, and load it with some pre-school apps for their kids if they aren't playing it...

liamkp

macrumors 68020
May 29, 2010
Have you seen the launch date photos?

Tech savvy parents would probably buy an iPad, and load it with some pre-school apps for their kids if they aren't playing it...
Really? Not even i have seen an iPad in person... I dont think i would trust anybody under 10 with my iPad if i had one.... maybe if they were under my supervision.

iMac0765

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2010
CNET's Molly Wood let her son play with her iPad... but that was under supervision...

Well, aren't all kids stuff designed BIGGER so it's less likely to fall... :confused:

iMac0765

macrumors regular
Jul 7, 2010
At least Steve Jobs cares about us! It's so sad to see him focus on iOS related things and just blow off the Mac product lines. Sure, they just got updated but Where in the world is Mac OS X 10.7? Don't even get me started on the MacBook Air and Macbook... It should be released by now!

swopes

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2010
Just felt disappointed when I saw some interesting apps need mic and camera...:p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.