Do you sometimes feel like Apple is making us poorer?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by raptorstv, Jun 11, 2012.

1. raptorstv macrumors 6502

Nowadays everyone seems to always compete for having the latest gadgets and stuffs, and we're constantly pressured to spend money to keep up with the trend. Apple is really good at getting us to spend a lot of money on their products... I guess I should learn to delay gratification at times...

2. Suno macrumors 6502

Suno

....Are you serious? You're choosing to pay a $2,000 premium on a laptop and you're asking if Apple is making us 'poorer'?

Apple isn't making you poorer, your choice to buy Apple products is making you poorer. You don't HAVE to buy a $2,000 Macbook Pro, you can easily get a $500 Dell or HP that could accomplish the same thing. You don't HAVE to upgrade to the latest Macbook every time a spec bump is released.

Apple's good at marketing, but only those who fall for it end up becoming poorer and that's through their own choice.

3. raptorstv thread starter macrumors 6502

That's not true... You can't simply just buy a Dell/HP laptop and feels comfortable using them in Starbucks

4. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

All quite true.

This made me laugh. :D

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Apple doesn't make anyone poorer. Lack of self-control does that.

6. raptorstv, Jun 11, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012

raptorstv thread starter macrumors 6502

can we sue apple over their brilliant marketing techniques?

7. GeorgeN111 macrumors regular

Have you seen how often other computer companies update their computer line up. Once a year is not a lot.

You also don't have to choose Apple, you have free will.

I think this post also relates to those who are com paining about the price. Apple could have charged $2500 minimum. The $2199 price point, I think it amazing, just over $300 more than $1799 15" Mac, and it is a far superior computer.

8. InuNacho macrumors 65816

InuNacho

The lack of Firewire sure as hell isn't going to make me any poorer.

9. Martialis macrumors member

Also Apple Care is amazing tech support. That alone is a big selling point for Macs for me. Knowing that if something fails I can simply take it in with my receipt and they will fix it for free and I can have it back in a few days.

As opposed to shelling out God knows how much for a repair shop or trying to deal with another retailer or manufacturer.

But yes, learn self-control. Nobody is forcing anyone to buy these products.

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

11. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I didn't imply otherwise.

12. therealseebs macrumors 65816

therealseebs

When they are available, they will be, at least a little, relevant.

In the mean time, Apple's offering machines that I can't do anything with, and even once those accessories exist, two USB ports? Seriously? My Air has that and it's a giant PITA, I was thinking about replacing my older MBP specifically because I wanted more ports. Two ports sucks.

So it's not making me any poorer, which sucks, because I wanted it to.

----------

That's your problem, not Apple's. I'll use whatever laptop I want, and if people have a problem with it, well, they have a problem.

Don't blame Apple for that.

13. raptorstv thread starter macrumors 6502