Do you sometimes feel like Apple is making us poorer?

raptorstv

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
Nowadays everyone seems to always compete for having the latest gadgets and stuffs, and we're constantly pressured to spend money to keep up with the trend. Apple is really good at getting us to spend a lot of money on their products... I guess I should learn to delay gratification at times...

Suno

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2011
....Are you serious? You're choosing to pay a $2,000 premium on a laptop and you're asking if Apple is making us 'poorer'?

Apple isn't making you poorer, your choice to buy Apple products is making you poorer. You don't HAVE to buy a $2,000 Macbook Pro, you can easily get a $500 Dell or HP that could accomplish the same thing. You don't HAVE to upgrade to the latest Macbook every time a spec bump is released.

Apple's good at marketing, but only those who fall for it end up becoming poorer and that's through their own choice.

raptorstv

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
That's not true... You can't simply just buy a Dell/HP laptop and feels comfortable using them in Starbucks

Digital Skunk

macrumors 604
Dec 23, 2006
In my imagination
....Are you serious? You're choosing to pay a $2,000 premium on a laptop and you're asking if Apple is making us 'poorer'?

Apple isn't making you poorer, your choice to buy Apple products is making you poorer. You don't HAVE to buy a $2,000 Macbook Pro, you can easily get a $500 Dell or HP that could accomplish the same thing. You don't HAVE to upgrade to the latest Macbook every time a spec bump is released.

Apple's good at marketing, but only those who fall for it end up becoming poorer and that's through their own choice.
All quite true.

That's not true... You can't simply just buy a Dell/HP laptop and feels comfortable using them in Starbucks
This made me laugh. :D

raptorstv

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 24, 2011
can we sue apple over their brilliant marketing techniques?

Last edited:

GeorgeN111

macrumors regular
May 24, 2010
Have you seen how often other computer companies update their computer line up. Once a year is not a lot.

You also don't have to choose Apple, you have free will.

I think this post also relates to those who are com paining about the price. Apple could have charged $2500 minimum. The $2199 price point, I think it amazing, just over $300 more than $1799 15" Mac, and it is a far superior computer.

Martialis

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2012
Also Apple Care is amazing tech support. That alone is a big selling point for Macs for me. Knowing that if something fails I can simply take it in with my receipt and they will fix it for free and I can have it back in a few days.

As opposed to shelling out God knows how much for a repair shop or trying to deal with another retailer or manufacturer.

But yes, learn self-control. Nobody is forcing anyone to buy these products.

therealseebs

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2010
When they are available, they will be, at least a little, relevant.

In the mean time, Apple's offering machines that I can't do anything with, and even once those accessories exist, two USB ports? Seriously? My Air has that and it's a giant PITA, I was thinking about replacing my older MBP specifically because I wanted more ports. Two ports sucks.

So it's not making me any poorer, which sucks, because I wanted it to.

----------

That's your problem, not Apple's. I'll use whatever laptop I want, and if people have a problem with it, well, they have a problem.

Don't blame Apple for that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.