Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bethanie21

macrumors 6502a
Aug 19, 2015
I went with the gold this time around, I’ve always had space grey in the past (partly because I hated the white bezels). I love it, it really stands out. Honestly, I think all the colours are nice, although I don’t love the silver, it’s too close to white for my tastes.

Reactions: BlairB

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
I had midnight Green Day one loved it. But looking at the silver very closely how classy and elegant it looked, I couldn’t resist, mad an exchange lol.

KowalskiFUT

macrumors member
Oct 4, 2017
EU
Bought Midnight Green Max, using it with Pine Green Silicon case. I love the look, but I think that combination of Silver with Brown Saddle leather case looks the best.

oVerboost

macrumors 68000
Sep 17, 2013
United Kingdom
No regrets with Space Grey here, it looks smart, stands out enough to look different and although not a reason for me choosing it personally, but I’ve found private resale value better on the space grey models as they appeal to a wider range of buyers when the time comes.

Reactions: Arcontia

Precursor

Cancelled
Sep 29, 2015
Istanbul
Using space black 11 Pro Max in white silicon case. The square camera cutout is so visible due to the contrast that everyone notices the phone. Loving it! ?

thatJohann

macrumors 68000
Jul 5, 2013
NYC
Got the midnight green initially then saw the silver in person and had to exchange it for silver. Happy with silver :)

Wehrwolf

macrumors 6502
May 21, 2009
Silver pro owners - does the matte back attract/retain dirt or discoloration more easily than the smooth glass of the previous models?

nburwell

macrumors 603
May 6, 2008
DE
Nope. I've gotten space gray the past couple of years and like it a lot. I especially like the back of the 11 Pro SG.

Hey Jude

macrumors 6502a
May 9, 2008
Florida
Nope - decided on silver after watching various YouTube unboxing videos of all available colors in the Pro Max line. I don’t have any regret as the silver is beautiful, though safely hidden away in an Apple silver case.

internetrando

macrumors 6502a
Jun 5, 2018
Texas
Had the MG. Hype wore off and I went with Silver. I hated silver until this iteration. The frosted glass made all the difference in the world to me, and it looks amazing with the black Apple leather case and the saddle brown Apple leather case.

ColdFusionX

Suspended
Nov 14, 2019
Silver is the best. Any micro scratches on the bezel can be polished with a cape cod cloth. It’s the same cloth I use to buff out any scratches on my Rolex Submariner. Works wonders I tell ya. You can’t buff out scratches on a space grey or the new “reminds me on the khaki I wore in Vietnam midnight green”... yuck!

Dodgeman

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2016
I am happy w/the color I got I don’t care. I typically always buy black. I think the green or red would have been cool however black was simple, classic and yes boring.

Puppuccino

macrumors 6502
Sep 24, 2019
United Kingdom
I do sometimes wonder what it’d be like to have a Product Red iPhone 11 but I went for black to match the Space Grey iPad mini 5 I have and the front of all iPhone 11’s are black anyway so I’m not too bothered.

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
Only in that I wish the Pro came in red, because I would have jumped on that!

But of the Pro colors, I definitely made the best choice for me.

BTW, I’m part of the sizable minority that doesn’t use a case, and for whom color does matter. ;)

Cancelled
Sep 11, 2014
I never get tired of my midnight green 11 Pro. The only other color that seriously tempted me was the green of the iPhone 11. But I got to compare them recently and the matte glass of the 11 Pro won me over just a bit more. I think matte glass is the way to go this year. I’m glad Apple switched it up a little for the Pro models in 2019.

Sometimes the midnight green looks space grey in certain light. I like that chameleon effect.

OneMike

macrumors 603
Oct 19, 2005
I got midnight green and honestly if the back of the phone was any of the available colors I wouldn’t care.

all I ever really cared about is the screen being black rather than white. Black is the only screen option now.

case or no case screen is all I care about

jkingrph

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2012
Most people put a case on so the color of the iPhone is really irrelevant
Tired of the color change the case
Besides the hardware is more important

Exactly I got a midnight green tried one of the hard green/clear cases and it looked great but I just wanted a bit more protection so swapped that out for a Nomad rugged leather folio case along with a tempered glass screen protector. Now I have a screen protector and a flap of leather over the screen. None of the green is visible. I got my wife an iPhone 11 special edition red, and put a similar case in red leather. If we choose to go back with a case that allows the phone color to show through we do have that option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.