Do You Sport A MacBook Pro + iPhone Combo?

What Do You Use On The Go?

• Mac Laptop + iPhone

Votes: 172 82.7%
  • Mac Laptop + Other Smart Phone

Votes: 26 12.5%
  • PC Laptop + iPhone

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • PC Laptop + Other Smart Phone

Votes: 3 1.4%

• Total voters

modit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 8, 2008
Canada
I received my new Mac! Everyone in the family is so impressed that in a few months, my University bound brother is getting the same model as mine :D

On my University campus, I noticed that a lot of people use the 13" MacBook Pro (~70% of Macs) and about 90% of Mac users have some other kind of cell phone (mostly BlackBerry as this is the country they invented them in :p).

Anyways, can't wait for iOS 4.3 which will include free WiFi hotspot for my 6GB Data Plan (on Rogers and also for Telus ATM).

Just curious so please chime in!

Last edited:

/user/me

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2011
I have both for sure. I love how everything works together. my life would probably grind to a halt if they stopped working.

FriarNurgle

macrumors regular
Jan 2, 2011
I have had the iPhone 4 since last summer and recently picked up a 2011 base model 13" MBP, my first Mac.
Do not have a tethering plan nor am I willing to pay for it but an not against jailbreaking for the functionality.

AlphaDogg

macrumors 68040
May 20, 2010
Boulder, CO
I sport my iPhone 3GS+13" MBP. It is the best thing I could have. 10hr battery life+3G tethering with MyWi (jailbroken). In fact, I am on a bus ride into the Rocky Mountains from Denver with my MBP and my iPhone. I am posting this from my MBP with my iPhone's data connection. It is the best combination ever.

vincenz

macrumors 601
Oct 20, 2008
and about 90% of Mac users have some other kind of cell phone (mostly BlackBerry as this is the country they invented them in :p).

Anyways, can't wait for iOS 4.3 which will include free WiFi hotspot for my 6GB Data Plan (on Rogers and also for Telus ATM).

Just curious so please chime in!
People in canada mainly use blackberry? This confirms my belief that a majority of people in Sweden use only ikea in their homes.

modit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 8, 2008
Canada
People in canada mainly use blackberry? This confirms my belief that a majority of people in Sweden use only ikea in their homes.
Hence the :p

Blackberry is cool as well and not only useful for us Canucks

President of the United States Barack Obama became known for his dependence on a BlackBerry device for communication during his 2008 presidential campaign. Despite the security issues, he insisted on using it even after inauguration, becoming the first President of the United States to use mobile e-mail. This was seen by some as akin to a "celebrity endorsement," which marketing experts have estimated to be worth between $25 and $50 million.

Pak^Man

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2008
Columbus, OH
  • uMBP 15" i7 with High Res Option (it's my 4th :apple: notebook since 2006)
  • iPhone 4
  • (old) iPhone 3G functioning as an iTouch
  • 2 iPod Nanos (click wheel in car and touch screen at the gym)
  • iPad 2 to come soon.... fingers crossed

Yes, I love my :apple: ecosystem!

Funkymonk

macrumors 6502a
Jan 7, 2011
Laptop : macbook
Phone: android
Desktop: custom built windows beast

The holy trifecta :eek:

adztaylor

macrumors 68000
Aug 20, 2009
Preston, UK
I sure do. Used to have a Nexus One but got my iPhone 4 in August and haven't looked back :D I do love the seamless integration with my MacBook and also my iPad.

dusk007

macrumors 68040
Dec 5, 2009
I voted for Mac+iphone but not so much out of choice but concidence.
If I would by a new smart phone today I would get Android.
If I wanted to have a tablet I would also get a Honeycomb Android tablet.
I would still choose the MBP 15" though.

I get along with my iphone 3GS and the problems I have with it are not worth spending money to switch but I would prefer Android over the iOS. Even jailbroken it is too locked down for my taste and about most apps of the vast app store I could care less. The good stuff can be found here and there.

Shreknow91

macrumors newbie
Jun 26, 2010
I've got a 15" MBP and a 32gb iPhone 4, hopefully soon I will add an iPad 2, haven't decided on what color yet...

Old Muley

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2009
Titletown USA
You need some additional categories, like:

mac laptop + dumb phone
pc laptop + dumb phone

I can't vote, since my phone is decidedly "not smart"....

modit

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 8, 2008
Canada
Sorry For Not Covering All The Options!

You need some additional categories, like:

mac laptop + dumb phone
pc laptop + dumb phone

I can't vote, since my phone is decidedly "not smart"....
Sorry! :eek:

I thought I had all the options covered without dividing the vote between 10 different options :eek:

I'll try to edit the poll but I don't think that's possible. I suggest non smart phone users to post there vote in their post.

(e.g. Mac Laptop + Dumb Phone)

MUBiomed

macrumors 6502
Apr 24, 2010
15" 2011 MBP in Sig
32GB iPhone 4 in Sig
and next week iPad 2 (white) 32GB (soon to be in sig :p)