Do you still have 3G on iOS 4.2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by CristobalHuet, Sep 16, 2010.

?

Please pick both that apply

1. Yes, 3G works as it did on 3.2.2

62.5%
  2. No, my settings were reset

31.3%
  3. I restored from backup

25.0%
  4. I set up as a new iPad

6.3%
  1. CristobalHuet macrumors 65816

CristobalHuet

Curious to see if those of you using an iPad 3G and iOS 4.2 are able to connect to the 3G network with your previous account/APN settings intact, and those of you who were not...and what a solution would be to restoring the functionality.

2. El Jack macrumors newbie

Restored from backup and don't have access to APN so no 3G for me. Suggestions would be appreciated :(

3. WiseDuck macrumors member

WiseDuck

This is such ********. I seriously hope this isn't a permanent change or I'm going to have to pass on 4.2 until they jailbreak that version. And I'd rather not have to rely on jailbreaks AGAIN (Like on my 3GS, IP4 etc) to have a usable device.

4. VTMac macrumors 6502

It's a bug. That's why it's called beta.

Why do people who have no clue always run out and install betas and then flock to message boards and whine when things are broken.

The definition of beta is "we know stuff doesn't work and we want you to install it and help us find other stuff that doesn't work."

Of course the final release will fix 3g.

5. WiseDuck macrumors member

WiseDuck

I know it's a beta. I'm not stupid. But this still makes me worried. I am a big fan of Apple but I do think they make plenty of stupid decisions. It wouldn't surprise me if they did this.

6. Zcott macrumors 68020

Set up as new iPad and have data working fine. Only thing is that iTunes keeps offering to update my carrier files every time I sync.

7. ataranlen macrumors newbie

ataranlen

I restored from a backup, I cannot find a way to use the cellular network.

8. bcaslis macrumors 68020

Are you serious? You think Apple will deliberately disable 3G on iPads with a new OS release? :confused:

If you don't want problems don't play with unauthorized betas.

9. Built macrumors 68020

Amen. What part about "beta" do they not understand? They run out to beg, borrow and steal a BETA version, then complain about the bugs!

THAT'S what a BETA version's for...To uncover the hitherto undiscovered bugs, and to seek suggestions for improvement.

Unbelievable!

"Amateurs" should not use Beta versions. I consider myself an "Amateur." I knew the Beta version would not be good for me. Why can't others get that?

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

11. WiseDuck macrumors member

WiseDuck

I don't use the beta. I'm still on 3.2.2. I don't have a dev account so I can't install it anyways. Just nevermind, when I think about it I don't really have a reason to worry about it.

12. SVT Amateur macrumors 6502

I restored 4.2 from my 3.2.2 backup and 3G is working fine. I was glad to see this thread though because I was planning on taking my iPad on a weekend trip tomorrow and use WiFi at home. I wasn't going to be happy if 3G wasn't working lol.

13. chowmein macrumors member

I restored from backup and my 3G works fine, but the ability to configure my AT&T account is gone. :eek:

14. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

Me too. I can't see when I bump close to the 250mb on my plan. Luckily I don't use 3G anywhere near that amount. I'm sure we'll see a fix in the next beta. Seems like a relatively simple thing that got overlooked.