Do You Take Caffeine?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by HappyDude20, Feb 4, 2010.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Years ago I used to drink soda all of the time, a few cans a day when I was a teenager. Since then I've toned it down big time, with water as a replacement.

Earlier today I needed to cram for an exam and purchased my first reb bull in years. I felt great, I had energy, I was focused and I didn't mind studying for math. Its like, the sun came out the moment I drank it.

Recently I've been drinking a can of soda once or twice a week, with caffeine.

But of course Starbucks has built an empire on caffeine so am wondering what the consensus is here.

Is caffiene a regular part of your morning/day?

Do you crave more? Do you crash?

Obviously the energy drink route isn't a safe one and don't plan on drinking one again for another few years..but I have to admit, the caffeine made me feel joyful.

btw, I remember in high school drinking a lot of caffeine as a regular part of my day....and remember having so much energy. My days would consist of waking up at 7am, going to school, messing around most days ditching class, hanging out with friends after school, then going home and still having enough energy to go out again with friends at night, even on a school night..though the downside was our nights would end wrapping up pretty late. Going to sleep at past Late Nite w/ Conan around 1:30am, ready to wake up for school at 7am all over again..

..for the past year and so forth not taking much caffeine i've found myself more relaxed, staying in a lot of more. not to say thats a bad thing, but those good old' days were fun.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I do not "take" it I drink it.
    I do not crave it, I do not crash, I work 10-15 hour days and drink anywhere from 2-4 cups per day alongside water.

3. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Nope. I have caffeine intolerance. When I do ingest it I have moderate heart palpitations are severe anxiety.

4. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I drink water most of the time, although I'll grab a coke every once in a while, it makes my throat burn/eyes water, which feels awesome.

5. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I drink 4-6 cups of coffee a day. I don't buzz or crash or crave. In fact, I can drink coffee and go to sleep.

6. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Same here – I can't remember ever getting a 'buzz' from drinking coffee. Maybe we're immune or something? Just think of the fun we could have.

7. Queso macrumors G4

I regularly jack up on caffeine, but only if I can convince my dealer to supply me with beans for tricks.

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I used to have an intolerance to it, anything more than 330ml would set my heart off (and fizzy drinks in general hurt my throat) but I beat that down by guzzling up to 3 Red Bulls a day whilst in my final months of university.
    Now I like to have a can of Coke a day but I can leave it. I've had no today and I'm feeling totally fine. Infact I find when I give up the stuff I have a longer, lower and more sustained energy. And after a few days of not having the stuff, Coke starts to taste foul. A colleague of mine gets no effect from caffeine at all.

Drinking lots of water is my fave working state of mind. That really puts me in some kind of zone.

9. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

I need my 2 cups of coffee in the morning without fail

10. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

i drink about 3 cups of coffee a day. half and half concoctions of coffee and milk. if i drink too much caffeine, i feel a bit sick tho. But yes, i can go to bed after drinking coffee.

11. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

I will drink 2 energy drinks in a row and not even feel it

I have such an untolerance to caffeine

However, if I dont have caffeine for a day or so, I will get HUGE headached until I have some

12. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

13. theark macrumors newbie

14. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

I have one cup of coffee every morning (a chai tea latte from Starbucks will also suffice). If I miss it, I get a headache. If I have more than one cup, I get jittery and anxious, even though I often feel like having another one (I like the taste).

15. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

I don't drink nearly as much caffeine as I did when I was younger. When I was in college and a few years afterward, I was drinking 5 or so cans of Mountain Dew a day. I would have nasty withdrawal if I didn't get some in me before about 9-10AM. Now, I'm down to maybe 1-2 Diet Dr. Peppers a day. I usually drink one in the morning instead of coffee (I never could get into coffee). I also switched my iced tea to caffeine-free, since I tend to drink a lot of it. The only time I had withdrawal problems lately was when I went 2 days without any caffeine. By end end of day 1/early day 2, I was having problems.

16. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

Funny this thread came up because just yesterday I had my first cup of coffee in several years, and I enjoyed it. What's weird about it is all the past times I've tasted coffee I couldn't stand the taste. I was also afraid of having coffee breath and discoloration of my teeth.

So now, on night two, I have a cup sitting next to me along with a glass of ice water and I'm trying to decide if I should just quit while I'm ahead or enjoy a cup here and there...

17. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

I drink as much coffee as I can without getting my heart rate up. It comes to about 6 or 7 cups a day. I use 1% milk instead of cream. Coffee is the largest source of antioxidants in the American diet so drink up, folks.

18. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

Yea, caffeine withdrawl is a pita

antioxidants? hmm learn something new everyday

19. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

I get 3 or 4 cups in the morning and during am lectures. I get some more in the afternoon if I am tired.

Right now I just got a starbucks double shot to get me through the night for a test tomorrow. 6 shots of espresso with a little bit of milk. Should do the trick!

20. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

Nah, I'm on to speedballs now. Caffeine was just the gateway.

21. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

Some days I have a cup or two, some days nothing. Have the K-rig at the desk so it's easy, fun and tastes great.

22. sauced macrumors regular

I used to have a morning latte, now I'm down to a cup of (green) tea.

23. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

ahhhhhhhhh!

I used to drink green tea in the mornings too. Great too, I would get the same caffeine rush too...lol.

24. King Mook Mook macrumors 6502

I don't 'take' caffeine, I happen to drink it in one of my beverages.
    I have a coke, once every two days (I guess) but I can go for a while without one. I don't crash or anything and I don't get much of a high from caffeine, but I just like the taste.

King Mook Mook

25. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

I don't feel that I need it, but yes I do want it in the mornings and then throughout my 10 hour days at work I drink between 2-4 cups. I don't really crash and as a matter of fact when I'm tired and drink coffee it does nothing for me unfortunately.