Do you think 30" ACD along with a 23"ACD on the side is overkill??

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jjahshik32, Apr 13, 2008.

1. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

Just what the title asks.. sorry about all these 30" ACD questions this will be the last thread I'll make (I know its similar but I want it to be narrowed down to this question with many opinions).

As soon as I sell my macbook pro I'm going to use part of its fund to buy the 30" ACD sometime next week. But once I get the 30" ACD I guess I should just test out the 23" next to the 30" but I just want your opinions and especially to the people who use the 30" as the main display and 23" as a secondary monitor... is that way overkill for heavy multitasking or the single 30" should do just fine??

I do some hd encoding and run parallels and like to have 2 webpages open(side by side), microsoft word,itunes, ichat, WOW(windowed mode) and move alot of files around with multiple windows open.. will a single 30" alone will be big enough for all of this?

2. Malfoy macrumors 6502a

Malfoy

It's not. The idea of monitor resolution not matching makes me uncomfortable.

3. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

I'm sure you will find the 30" just fine, just be prepared for quite a lot of head movement. (A bit like watching tennis .. :D)

4. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

On the Windows side at work, I ran a 24" and a 20" side-by-side. It worked fine, but I found when I swapped the 20" for another 24" (same model as the original), it seemed to "look" better...