Do you think 3rd party apps at WWDC?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by safetyobc, May 31, 2008.

1. safetyobc macrumors 6502

safetyobc

I am about to buy a new phone. Either will be an iPhone or the Blackjack 2. I am still undecided. I have an iPod Touch and love it. But if I got the iPhone, I would probably never use the Touch again.

Do you think Apple will offer 3rd party apps after WWDC in a couple of weeks? Also what are the chances of a new phone? I already added a line to my plan and have 30 days to pick a phone. Do you think a new phone will be available within 30 days?

2. neven macrumors 6502a

There's tons of speculation and more-or-less educated guesses on all this all over the forum. Here's my 2c:

The App Store will most likely open some time between June 9 and June 30. We don't know when exactly. I think it'll be in late June myself.

The chances of a new phone are 99%. Everyone expects it. It makes sense. I'm not expecting any groundbreaking changes, but it'll be a better deal for the money, that's for sure. This will probably arrive by the end of June as well. The thing to keep in mind is, you'll most likely get the final shipping date for the new iPhone on June 9, when Steve does his WWDC keynote.

I think you're in a good spot to get a new phone in the next 30 days, but it wouldn't shock me if they shipped it in early July instead. Good luck!

3. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

Very likely that a new phone will be launched the week after next. I believe Jobs said that the app store is coming "late June" so expect it around then.

4. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

You should be OK, just don't lose any sleep waiting like the rest of us. :p

5. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

The new iPhone and 2.0 will be released on the same day.

The new phone can't come with anything BUT FW 2.0, so either the FW comes out first, or they come out day and date.

6. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I doubt Apple will roll out any third-party apps ever since Apple applications would be first-party apps. :)

I'm guessing that the 2.0 OS will be unveiled at WWDC for download at some point that day (I can see the trucks of liquid nitrogen hitting the server rooms now). I'm speculating that the new iPhone will come out either 2 weeks or a month later. I'm about 99% sure they'll at least announce it at WWDC.

If they'd update Apple TV so I could use playlists, I'd take that over a frickin' 3G iPhone. One is a helluva lot simpler to do!